• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#21, my take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #21, my take

first off, I'm amazed that a new car with 20 miles on it can look like this from the dealer...

put thats what they did, heres what I did.
    first washed with gold class
    than clayed.
    than using a dewalt rotery a megs polishing pad and #80, I went to work. I top that off with two coats of #21 on a pc with megs finishing pad and removed with megs ulitmate bonnett.

to me #21 is a improved #26. the paint looks thicker than it does with nxt, but not as glossy so if shine is the big thing your after stick with nxt, but if wet and thick is your thing I think #21 is the ticket. my wife perfers the looks of nxt so the next time it will get nxt, but I can't wait to get #21 on my truck. (as a side note, me and the wife rarly agree, it has nothing to do with the wax
    Last edited by 2000; Apr 19, 2005, 12:38 PM.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Nice work!
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Hey 2000,

Thanks for the review!!! The car looks great!

As for the gloss of #21, it usually increases a day or so later after the application. I found that #21 and NXT share this same trait.

I too hate it when dealers swirl the paint on brand new vehicles!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
        Hey 2000,

Thanks for the review!!! The car looks great!

As for the gloss of #21, it usually increases a day or so later after the application. I found that #21 and NXT share this same trait.

I too hate it when dealers swirl the paint on brand new vehicles!!!

Tim
        #21 has gloss, don't get me wrong, I view waxes as a pyrmind, gloss at one point, depth at another, and wettness at the thrid. the closer you get to one point the further you get from the others. #21 seems to be as close to center as you can get. nxt seems to be closer to the gloss, and thats not a bad thing its a good thing because some like that. choices are great! after I do the wifes car with nxt it will be interesting to see if she changes her mind. she was judging the nxt on my truck next to her car with #21. I liked the #21 she liked the nxt....but it could be the vehicle difference as well as the wax. either way, I'm a happy waxer.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Guys,

We really need a 12-Step Progam to help us work through our OCD affliction. Some "normal" folks might see the swirls, but none could tell which product was "deeper", "wetter", or "glossier".

Tom

Comment

#21 is nothing more than NXT with more cleaners, and designed to be used by machine.

Comment

Originally posted by The"X"
              #21 is nothing more than NXT with more cleaners, and designed to be used by machine.
              Hey,

I am afraid, that is incorrect. Meguiar's #21 is a completely new product. So while it shares similarities and traits between #20 Polymer Sealant and Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, Meg's #21 is a unique product.

Tim

Comment

you really need to try it before you can make that assumtion. IMO it is nothing like nxt as much as it is very similar to #26.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

That was a direct quote from an employee working at the Meguiars trailer at Cars at Carlisle this morning when I asked if they had a smaller sized bottle of #21, other the half gallon size.

Comment

can"t say why they would say that as I haven't a clue about whats in either one, but I can say with great certainty that the end results are different. they have very different looks from one another.
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

That was a direct quote from an employee working at the Meguiars trailer at Cars at Carlisle this morning when I asked if they had a smaller sized bottle of #21, other the half gallon size.
                      Hey,

I will pass this information on to Mike Phillips. I am sure he will be interested.

Again, regardless as to what you were told, it is a new, and unique product.

Tim

Comment

M21 is a unique formula, I'll look into this but not right now, it's been a long but Fun Day!. I make mistakes all the time, sometimes I do the wrong thing, sometime I say the wrong thing, this could just be a simple mistake, there's really nothing to worry about.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

After reading the reviews on here I was anxious to maybe snag a sample size of #21 to try. After he told me about the NXT deal, I was kind of dissapointed because NXT was kind of a letdown for me. I guess for now I'll have to make due with whats left of my supply of #16.

Comment

After reading the reviews on here I was anxious to maybe snag a sample size of #21 to try. After he told me about the NXT deal, I was kind of dissapointed because NXT was kind of a letdown for me. I guess for now I'll have to make due with whats left of my supply of #16.

One of the online detailing supply houses was offering #21 in smaller bottles. Unfotunately, I can't remember who was doing it.
                            I don't think the $40 price is out of line at all, but that bottle is HUGE and I am accumulating detailing supplies at a fast enough rate that I will have to reorganize my garage. And reorganizing is not one of my favorite tasks, so I will definitely procrastinate on that.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');