• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to properly apply #66 quick detailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to properly apply #66 quick detailer?

im just beginning to use aio's and i wanted to know how to properly apply #66 using a rotary polisher?
    what speed? which pad? is it a wipe off? please give as much info as possible
    thanks in advance

Re: how to properly apply #66 quick detailer?

#66 is a really easy product to use. I usually apply with a DA polisher, yellow polish pad, speed 4-5. It behaves a lot like a wax, you can do the whole car before wiping it off if you want. I've never applied it with a rotary polisher. I really like #66 for doing just what its called, "Quick details". Its not going to provide any major correction, but its a great product to use on a well maintained vehicle.
    Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
    Guard: And your name is...?
    Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

thanks, wish i had a da polisher, ive only got one at work so here at home i can only work with what i got
      when applied am i supposed to let it haze? or do i polish until its basically gone, like a polish?

Comment

Since M66 has cutting/cleaning ability, your technique, machine, pad, and speed choices will depend on how much cut you need and how workable the paint is.

Though there isn't a single, fixed answer to your question, here are ballpark suggestions from the thread: Product, Pad & Speed Recommendations for Rotary Buffing

In use, it acts much like other mild cutting cleaners and polishes. So work it down to a very thin, almost invisible, but still wet film (don't dry buff).

Unlike a cleaner or polish, which should be wiped immediately while still wet, it's a wax, so let it dry (it'll dry fast if you worked it thin enough) before wiping it off.

pc

Comment

^^ Nice reply.

Good to see you back here pc
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

thanks alot, nice reply indeed, ill try it out this week and let you know how ive done

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');