• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

110v2 bad power cord!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110v2 bad power cord!

Ok here's my situation , the power cord on my 6 month old 110v2 went bad today !(it will work if I bend it up towards the da ,I taped the cord up to the handle so I could finish a car today)I know it still under warranty but its a simple fix of replacing the cord!.. So my question is do I void my warranty and fix it myself and not lose two paying jobs or do I send it back for a warranty fix and god knows how long that will take and possibly lose even more work?.. This is sooo frustrating!!!

Re: 110v2 bad power cord!

Personally I'd just fix it. BUT, if you have enough down time between jobs, ya might want to give customer care a call Monday morning first. You probably are aware that there was a boat load (no pun intended) of 'bad' units with the cord issue.

Bill

Comment

Fix it yourself. Bad cords can happen any time.

Comment

I went ahead and fixed it myself... It's was a shame to void my warranty. Knowing now I need a backup I've decided to buy a flex 3401!.. I've been looking for an excuse and now I have one!!

Comment

Bugguy, I have been thinking about a Flex also. Let me know how you like it.

Comment

I used my new flex 3401 today!.. omg!...seriosly it put the 110v2 to shame!...it corrects in half the time !... there is a small learning curve , nothing major after ten minute or so I had it down pat,..all I can say is I should have gotten one along time ago!, my rotary and my g110v2 are not going to get much use anymore!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');