• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car - Minor paint issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car - Minor paint issue...

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've come looking for some advice on a minor issue, with my new 2013 Honda Accord, which is bothering me enough to throw off my new car enjoyment. During my inspection I somehow missed the following minor paint defect. It's the only blemish in an otherwise glassy smooth finish. Even if I can't make it completely flush with the surrounding area, just smoothing it down a bit would make it less noticeable. Have a look and tell me if I should attempt some very light wet sanding, some other method or just learn to live with it. Be aware the first photo is a macro closeup, so it looks much larger and pronounced. Thanks is advance for your ideas and advice.

Re: New car - Minor paint issue...

Since the car is brand new, I would return it to the dealer to let them take care of the blemish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kornercarver View Post
      Since the car is brand new, I would return it to the dealer to let them take care of the blemish.
      I thought about that, but with so many horror stories involving dealers and detailing, I didn't want to risk a hack job. I might make them aware of my dissatisfaction and see what they say. I'd prefer a pro take a shot at it.

Comment

Is it flaking, or just raised?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

No flaking at all. Just raised under the clear coat.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');