• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wax on black plastic trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax on black plastic trim

ok, so after having my car in the shop for some work for a few weeks. the dealer decided they would do me a favor and have the car detailed for free for me before i went to pick it up.

man their detailer SLATHERED it in wax. seriously, he must have used an entire tin on my car.

anyway, now a lot of my black plastic trim looks like this (pay attention to the bottom lip)

a friend tried another brands, back to black on it, but that did absolutely nothing for me.

any ideas?

Return it to your dealer and complain about it, they have to fix it

Comment

Re: wax on black plastic trim

that seems a bit extreme to me. they took really good care of me. just their detailer is terribad lol.

but seriously though, theyre up in riverside, and getting off work to take it up there when they are open isnt really an option for me. for something like this, i dont mind handling it myself.

Comment

Probably would want some kind of cleaner... maybe APC or #39, and a soft tooth brush to work it in some.

Some people have even used something with some oils in it like peanut butter.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I find #39 to work pretty well as Murr said.
          I would contact your dealer (once you have fixed the problem) and let them know of the issue so they can follow up with the detailer. If they don't know, they can't fix the issue.
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

First, don't go back to the dealer. Just send them a bill for fixing it.

I would use a trim dressing.
            Get some oils into that plastic to help lift it out.
            It's going to take some time to get it all out but eventually it will come out.
            APC's really don't work.They take off the surface wax but the wax that's deep in the pores are going to take time to release themselfs from the plastic.
            Also APC's dry out plastic, they are grease cutters and plastic is made from oil.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

When I got my car back in 06 from the dealership the said they would take it back to the shop and clean it for me before driving it home. Before they had a chance to clean it I told them not to worry about I will do it when I got it home with it.

Comment

From experience.....#39 and a stiff sponge or brush will work.
                Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');