• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning in the winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning in the winter

I've been detailing for awhile now. Started with just detailing people's personal vehicles and just doing them in the spring/summer weather. Now I got this contract to clean company vehicles I even clean then in the fall/winter weather. Call me crazy but I will be out in the snow cleaning vehicles. You should try it. It's a new experience.

Re: cleaning in the winter

I wouldn't.
    anything under 38 degrees and your products won't perform at all.
    You need some kind of shelter.
    Even a tent would help but you need heat too.
    Good luck and keep us posted, maybe you'll find the secret

Oh wait here's the answer,
    Steam!!!
    they make steam cleaners for cars.
    Get one of those and steam the crud off!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Only problem with steam is when its cold out you lose temp quick then you end up with a frozen car anyway. I garage up in the winter mobile detailing is terrible in the cold
      Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

I wash until about it is about 36 and anywhere below that the stuff just freezes on the surface.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I usually try to clean when it's above 35 degrees. Good thing about this company I can clean whenever I can. I usually clean Thurs through Sunday. But if the weather is warmer before those days I can clean them before that.

Comment

That's a very nice set up!
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I do have a garage, but i wash outside.
              A month ago i did a Land Rover discovery outside in 25 degrees fahrenheit, took me about 5 hours just to clean the car, due to water and shampoo freezing.
              It can be done, but you need a lot of hot water, multiple washmitts, good shoes and some determination.
              Today it is 8 degrees outside, guess i will just stay inside and watch carwash videos on youtube
              Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
              Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
              00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

One of the biggest problems with winter detailing is shampooing not so much for freezing but after you give the car back if the customer does not vent it and get it completely dry you can run into mold and mildew issues. Ive had it happen to one of my custs who left for a vacation right after a detail and left the car still damp in his garage with the windows up.
                Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Originally posted by Joenok View Post
                  I do have a garage, but i wash outside.
                  A month ago i did a Land Rover discovery outside in 25 degrees fahrenheit, took me about 5 hours just to clean the car, due to water and shampoo freezing.
                  It can be done, but you need a lot of hot water, multiple washmitts, good shoes and some determination.
                  Today it is 8 degrees outside, guess i will just stay inside and watch carwash videos on youtube
                  I do the same thing

Comment

Well I think in winter you can use an auto car wash....because its the best way to wash car carefully and without any worries. This tip is most effective for those who don't like to wash their cars at home because they don't have time to wash their cars.
                    roof racks brands

Comment

^^^ I do and don't agree with the auto wash. They arn't carfull at all. These will scratch car up bad unless you find a good one.
                      But I'd just make sure my car was waxed/protected up good and wash it with a rinsless/waterless wash.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');