• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black VW please asses my plan of attack!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black VW please asses my plan of attack!!!

Hi guys im about to do a detail on thepaint of a second hand car I just brought its a black 07 vw jetta. Ijust watched junkmans videos which where very informative, his quieta character. I'm planing on using the same method and products for themy car.

I have used orbitals before but never really knew what I was doing, but junkmans videos gave me a clear understanding. I dont have a PC but a Makita B05021, which I think will do thejob. I see the junkman uses his PC on 5 which was 5800opm with 8 to14lbs of pressure. I viewed the manual on the makita and setting 2 is6000opm and when I pushed 14lbs of pressure on the scales it didntstall at all so I guess it will be fine. What do you guys think?

I will certainly start with a test area unlike I used to do.
    I will clay the car first then implaning to use the same pads as junkman did on the video the orangeand white hex logic. Im planing to use m105 on the orange then m205on the white to finish before sealing with Zanio z5 and z2.

Here are some pics taken of the paintits pretty ordinary around the door handles, has a few deepish scratches, and swirl marks all over. I guess I will have to hand polish behind the handles hopefully I can get most of the damage out.

Do you think the M105 with the orangepad will be two aggressive after seeing the pics? Ive heard the VWclear can be pretty hard. Any other words of advice before I start?

Thanks in advance

photos taken from my phone in the sun
    Zscaler makes the internet safe for businesses by protecting their employees from malware, viruses, and other security threats.

Zscaler makes the internet safe for businesses by protecting their employees from malware, viruses, and other security threats.

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');