• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Brakes

I'm looking for an article or thread discussing what product(s) NOT to use when cleaning a vehicle with ceramic brakes. Would someone be kind enough to point it out to me or just tell me what NOT to use.

Thanks,
    Last edited by wifpd4; Jan 20, 2013, 08:52 AM. Reason: clarification

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Re: Ceramic Brakes

Hi,

I've red in a Swiss forum that wheel cleaner could attack the natural resin of carbon ceramic brakes. ( http://www.fahrzeugpflegeforum.ch/in...d&threadID=109 )

Comment

Do a goog search and there are a few post about it.

Soap and water only.
      I just read a bunch of other forums and that's the consensus.
      I would then apply break dust barrier (wrap the rotor or remove the rim) to the entire rim so cleaning them will be easier in the future.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by W211E320 View Post
        Hi,

I've red in a Swiss forum that wheel cleaner could attack the natural resin of carbon ceramic brakes. ( http://www.fahrzeugpflegeforum.ch/in...d&threadID=109 )
        Sorry, I couldn't get link to work. I had read that somewhere too, but was unable to find again.

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
        Do a goog search and there are a few post about it.

Soap and water only.
        I just read a bunch of other forums and that's the consensus.
        I would then apply break dust barrier (wrap the rotor or remove the rim) to the entire rim so cleaning them will be easier in the future.
        I had searched here thinking I'd read it here, but didn't find it. Was thinking it said don't use All Purpose Cleaner.

Lately, I've been using Brake Dust Barrier on the face of rims for a little salt protection.

Thanks,

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');