• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hi" from Kieron from Sydney, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hi" from Kieron from Sydney, Australia

Hey guys! Name's Kieron and I'm from Sydney, Australia (as the title states lol).

I have had my driver's license for two years now, and in that time frame I have owned two Nissan Pulsars:

First was an N16 Pulsar Q S1:

Second was an N15 Pulsar SSS S2:
    - Before:

- After:

Motor:
    - Tomei Poncams (apparently)
    - 2.5" Catback Exhaust with dump pipe muffler and resonator
    - Custom Extractors (4-2-1)
    - Dodgey CAI with K&N panel filter
    - NGK Spark Plug Leads
    - NGL Spark Plugs BKR6EIX-11

Exterior:
    - Autech/SR-V Grille
    - Autech Indicators
    - VZ-R Taillights
    - VZ-R Lip (sold, but getting a brand new one soon)
    - VZ-R Crystal Fog Lights
    - TeamHEKO Weathershields (5 piece set)
    - eBay bonnet gas struts)

Interior:
    - Nismo Leather Gear Knob
    - "To Suit NISSAN Pulsar" Floormats (lol)
    - Black ASD Seat Covers
    - Recaro SR3 + Bride RO-Type Rails (passenger awaiting rails)
    - Dashmat
    - Universal DIN cup holders (lol)
    - JDM Fascia with cupholders and coin holder
    - Nearly all bulbs converted to LED
    - 20% tints

Sound:
    - Clarion VZ401A DVD Player
    - Pioneer 12 inch Subwoofer
    - Kenwood KAC-6203
    - 4x Pioneer 220watts TS-A1671S

Wheels:
    - 16"x7" Advanti Maze-R black with red lip (hate/looking to order Enkei RPF1 in SBC)

Suspension:
    - Standard SSS Strut brace
    - Yellowspeed Dynamic Pro Sport coilovers with redesigned rears
    - JDM VZR Rear body brace
    - Whiteline Adjustable 20mm Rear Sway Bar

Other
    - Nistune ECU on stock settings (another apparently)

Potential future mods:
    - Cusco rear strut brace
    - Enkei RPF1 in SBC 16x8 4x100 +38 (or +32 if Enkei will allow this type of special order)
    - UKDM Almera GTI P2 side skirts (payment pending)
    - JDM Rear pods (awaiting a cheap pair to come up for sale)
    - Mazda MX6 rear sway bar links to replace Whiteline 'figure 8' links
    - Mazda 3 rear sway bar links to replace stock front links

NOW, the car car products I use:
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax
    - Meguiar's Lambswool Wash Mitt with Bug Remover
    - Meguiar's Soft Buff Synthetic Chamois
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (weekly, after every wash)
    - Mother's Clay bar kit (cheap lol)
    - Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #7
    - Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (one coat) - Yes, I know I don't really need this but I bought it because I didn't have UPW at the time.
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax (two coats)
    - Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant
    - Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleaner
    - Meguiar's Insane Shine Tyre Spray

Hmm, just realised how many of Meguiar's products I use... lol whoops!
    I usually get my detailing information from this forum or from The Junkman's YouTube videos. Must learn how to use an orbital buffer (any buffer, really...)

Re: "Hi" from Kieron from Sydney, Australia

Got pretty excited about detailing an engine bay for the first time, using only heavy-duty degreaser to clean the dirt and grime, water and WD40 to add some colour to the plastics and rubbers. Still unsure if WD40 is harmful to the plastics and rubbers.

Comment

How the car sits atm:

No lip makes car sad...

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Your car is looking good. You mentioned (in another thread) the paint has imperfections. What's the problem and have you tried correcting it?

A DA polisher is an easy tool to use and you'll get better and faster results with it..
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks man! Well, the N15 has fade on the LHS doors, mainly following the frame of the front door and trims under both. Fade on the RHS rear quarter panel where it had been cut out and replaced (assuming this). Also, the roof and deep scratches; in a straight line, running horizontally across the roof. The other scratches on the roof looks as if someone's gone and placed a textbook on the car while it was dirty or had sharp objects (large pieces of dirt/small rocks) and played speedracer on the roof.

Mhmm, I need someone to educate me face-to-face so they can guide me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Getting sick of doing the polishing and wazing by hand lol. It takes way too long!

Comment

Also, I've clay barred it, used Ultimate compound (once!) and waxed on numerous occasions. I feel as if doing things by hand just isn't enough anymore...

Comment

Are the scratches deep enough to be felt with your fingernail? If so, you probabaly won't be able to completely remove them either way.

Send me a PM if you want to hook up one day for some "face-to-face" training lol..
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');