• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a Waterless Washing and Waxing routine..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Waterless Washing and Waxing routine..

Hi, my first post.

So today I got my month old 2012 Nissan LEAF electric vehicle (Ocean Blue) "professionally" washed and waxed for the first time. It cost $86 including tip.

The place I went was highly reviewed on Yelp, but I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed at the results. The car looks spotless alright, but it doesn't really shine like I would expect from a just-waxed vehicle. I asked the guy what wax he used. His only response was a "carnauba paste wax". He didn't tell me what brand or anything like that. I know he used a rotary.

When I went home I found a possible culprit - despite being a spotless new car the surface feels rough. Seems like a clay bar may be inorder.

I've decided I should probably just clean and wax the car myself to make sure it's done right. But I live at an apartment, so no water is possible.
    ----------

So I'm considering the following Waterless Wax And Wash routine for my EV:

1. Washing the car with Meg's Waterless Wash and Wax Anywhere.

2. Claybaring the car with red-bottle Quik Detailer as a lube.

3. Using Meg's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to clean the surface of leftover carnuaba and leftover Waterless Wax Anywhere polymer.

4. Sealing the car with Rejex. No pure polish step because Rejex says to apply to bare clearcoat. Don't want any polymers or polish oils in the way of adhesion.

5. Repeating steps 1-4 every 6 months.

6. For upkeep, washing, cleaning, and quick detailing, using Waterless Wash and Wax Anywhere as needed. I assume the Waterless Anywhere won't remove Rejex.

Would this work? Thanks!

Should work just fine. Rejex is really nice and slick. I would say to apply it every 4 months to be safe or even a little sooner.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');