• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White vehicles

OK here is my idea. Put some kind of coloring in all the products to detail a white vehicle. It is so hard to see the polish and wax products. I used Zymol once and the one thing I liked about it was I could see where I had been.
    Just a suggestion. Think about it.
    Thanks for the opportunity to post my ideas.
    Mark
    2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
    AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
    1st Place-Best Overall Detail
    3rd Place-Best of Show
    March 26th, 2011

Interesting idea.

I know what you mean, if you put a thin coat of a polish or wax that is clear, or opaque, it can be very hard to see where it is, so that you can remove it.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Comment

-------------
        John 17:3
        -------------

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.

I just used NXT on my White 69' Stingray and must have wiped all surfaces at least a half dozen times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's interesting, if you really concentrate you can almost close your eyes and feel any missed areas during that final wipe down.
          FRANK CANNA
          Mirror Finish Detailing
          23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

I would agree with putting color or tint in the cleaner and the polish but defiantly not the wax!! isn't the object of a good wax job to protect the finish ? and that is done by leaving a small amount of the product behind.

Hmm???? white veh. + redish wax = PINK

My first truck was white and I applied waxed the whole truck and then wiped it down 1 section at a time, Find a system that works and stick with it.
            Rich
            If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
            DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Beercan31
              I would agree with putting color or tint in the cleaner and the polish but defiantly not the wax!! isn't the object of a good wax job to protect the finish ? and that is done by leaving a small amount of the product behind.

Hmm???? white veh. + redish wax = PINK

Imagine if the tint of the wax was a blue color. Since some of the product remains on the surface, maybe the finished results on a white vehicle would look like something similar to the color of a blue-white diamond.
              FRANK CANNA
              Mirror Finish Detailing
              23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Imagine if the tint of the wax was a blue color. Since some of the product remains on the surface, maybe the finished results on a white vehicle would look like something similar to the color of a blue-white diamond.

Not bad, Not bad even in green would interesting "IF" that were he effect you were trying to achieve. still can't see a company produce a product just for 1 specific vehicle type or color, if they did you know sure as sh*t we would be screaming about the price.
                Rich
                If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');