• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just some newbie advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just some newbie advice please

The yellow pads are a compounding pad, a compound will leave a haze behind. A finishing pad ( black ) would be my choice for use with UP, Up will remove any haze from step one. Then wax, when using NXT, wax it twice with 12 hours between coats for best results IMHO
    BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Thanks Davey,
      very nice pics Davey,how good does it look.
      I have 2008 VE Omega with colour of red hot,I noticed you mentioned you used UC on the car,as you can see by my posts I am tossing up now between using UC or something milder.

The general consensus is all should be good with UC as I can control the pressure I would be using.

imz4n I will look at the black pad you suggested.Then I just noticed the black pad for the UP,so focused on the UC I have tunnel vision.

Thanks guys all info is being put to good use,the more I learn the easier it should be,in theory.

Going back to look at your pics again Davey and have abit of a drool.

Good idea about buying bulk from the U.S.A I did notice their prices seemed better.

Comment

Just be sure to have the 2.0 version of Nxt or #21.

ScratchX 2.0 is very similar to UC, and pretty much paying more for less. SwirlX is a maybe...It is a little stronger than Ult. Polish. By machine you may see a difference, working by hand kind of brings them closer together.

Assuming we are talking Meguiars pads, the yellow hand pads are not compounding pads... they are just smooth foam and very mild. The black or purple hand pads are also the same. The yellow machine pads for the DA or Power System are polishing pads, and are also mild for general cleaning, swirl removal. The red pad is the compound pad, and is generally best used on rotary or the Power System. May or may not leave marring behind, but would be followed with a product on the polishing pad to clean it up. Then black is the finishing pad, generally for wax or a pure polish.

Of course some paints may need a bit more random combinations for best results, but no reason to expect that right now.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr,
          I will stick to the UC and tip toe through the proccess of applying it,how fortunate it is valentines day here,the good wife asked what I would like,I promptly presented her with a list of products,she asked whom I love more her, or the car,thats obvious I said,the car she replied,so I will get her some mf tomorrow so she feels loved,the wife that is.Appreciate the help from everyone with this project,there is anticipation and excitment.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');