• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Extractor or Steamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Extractor or Steamer?

I'm looking to add a good steamer or extractor for interior carpet cleaning. I currently own the older version of the Bissell Little Green Machine which is a heated version.

I want something more powerful to pull the dirt and dry faster. As I've seen with other posts on here, it is true about having to soak the seats or carpet like crazy and then it takes forever to dry.

I also have a budget of $300 price range. Also want it to have the heat open, portable and easy to move arouns.

What do you all use and have great luck with? Thank you for any information!!
    Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Re: New Extractor or Steamer?

No one has anything ??

Comment

Give it some time, all the pro guys are working weekends, til then just search the forum.
      Pretty sure someone will chime in on Monday?
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

When I get home I'll send you a link to a member who's selling one

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Ryan Rehart
          Executive Mobile Detail
          Serving The High Desert, Socal
          714-887-6692

Comment

Here's a great one at a great price, hope he still has it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thank you for the info to both of you. $600 is above my budget at this time. I need something around $300.00 that will do a great job. I know the price will hurt getting the best one for my money, but as of now, this is what I have to work with. I currently own the Bissell Little Green Machine ( the older version with a heat switch) It's done better than expected, but doesn't get everything I need out. Time to move up, so I'd imagine even a lower priced steamer would be a major upgrade to the Bissell.

Also to EXECMOBILE, unless that unit was available somewhere else for sale, I'd never spend my money at WalMart.

I have decided to go for a steamer rather than an extractor. I've been reading up on both of them and just like the steamer better. Again remember what I'm upgrading from.

So any information on other brand and review you have on steamers only, please let me know thanks. Looking to purchase it within the next couple weeks.

Comment

Ok I see the reliable one is available elsewhere. Kind of interested in it. Anyone have any experience with it or others in its price range?

Comment

I have order a steam vapor unit. I will post feedback on it come spring 2013 when I'm back into detailing. I know of at least 1 car coming to me first of spring time and I know I was unable to get the clients seats completely clean. This is what they looked like before AND after with my mini carpet shampooer. My clients know I don't have a large expensive professional cleaner and that the mini shampooer will only do light to moderate stains. It has always done a decent job, but I'm hoping this steamer will take care of the seats. I do NOT like giving back customer cars when I'm not satisfied with something, but they're ok with it. I'm hoping this new steamer along with the NEW DA buffer, my "satisfying" work will become my "incredible" work

Seats to be cleaned (attempted in 2012) Client is bringing car back for me to do the same car again along with a second one.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');