• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT durability

Ive been using NXT wax and i must say im delighted with the results.My only problem is that its durability is very disaponting and i would say its only lasting 2 weeks .Does anyone else find this a problem?Are there any tips to prolong its durability?

Re: NXT durability

Originally posted by david graham
    Ive been using NXT wax and i must say im delighted with the results.My only problem is that its durability is very disaponting and i would say its only lasting 2 weeks .Does anyone else find this a problem?Are there any tips to prolong its durability?
    durability or looks? I find that the great look dies down after a couple of weeks but a quick hit of booster wax brings the "look" right back. however just because the look dies down does not mean the protection has. Mosca said it best that you really need to look at nxt as a two part system to get the fuul benifits of looks and protection.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

I have been getting 2-3 months on a routine basis on numerous vehicles. I use the booster on my personal cars but not on my customers cars. I've had quite a few customers who like the durability of NXT and none have complained. How are you determining that the protection only lasts for two weeks? What is your process?
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

the beeding effect seems only to last about 2 weeks and i would say that i wash with NXT wash twice weekly.

Comment

Have you been letting the polymers set up for about 12-24 hours after waxing? I've been finding that just letting it sit in the garage for this time period seems to help a lot with creating a real strong bond to the paint. However, I know this isn't always possible and realistic.....
          Jason
          2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by david graham
            the beeding effect seems only to last about 2 weeks and i would say that i wash with NXT wash twice weekly.
            After washing, claying, polishing and waxing I get beading for months. Here is a photo of NXT (x2) beading at 68 days.

Is it possible that the surface was not prepared on your vehicle? I used Gold Class Wash, Quik Clay, #80, and then NXT (x2) 24 hours apart.

When you say the beading is gone after two weeks, is that what you see in the rain or after washing in NXT car wash?
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');