• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner Review

My review of the Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner.

Packaging & Labeling:

Not too much to talk about packaging here? It came in a bottle... the bottle looks fine and dispenses the product nicely.

Labeling is also fine. It tells you the name of the product and what it does.

Usage Tips/Directions:

The directions on the back label were very good and typical for this type of product.
    Wheel surface should be cool.
    Spray directly on to one wheel.
    Allow product to set for 30 seconds.
    Rinse off.
    Dirty wheels may require slight agitation with a brush.

SPECIAL NOTE: Please wear protective eyewear when using this product or similar products. Wearing protective gloves is also a good idea.

Performance:

The product worked very well and pretty much as advertised. The sprayer emits a light foam of the product that helps it “cling� rather than run.
    To be honest, my wheels are kept in very good condition and well protected with the good coatings. Therefore, this was not a real valid test for the product. However, I have an ideal candidate for this product for my update review. Still, what I did do is perform a test on this wheel cleaner that I do on all wheel cleaners that claim any type of “spray & rinse� features. The test goes as follow:

Spray the product on and allow to set as directed.
    Rinse the product as directed.
    Allow the wheel to dry.
    Take some good window cleaner, a white terry towel and very lightly wipe a small area of the cleaned wheel.
    Check the towel for a “film� of dirt that the wheel cleaner may have left behind.

Unfortunately, the GC All Wheel cleaner failed this test, as the towel returned some light dirt from the test. Of course, these results are no different from tests I have performed with similar “spray & rinse� wheel cleaners, including some extremely caustic ones. In the end, the use of a good wheel brush like the GC Wheel Face Brush will insure properly cleaned wheels, and if you are planning on applying a protective coating to your wheels, the use of a brush is a must!

Value:

The GC All Wheel Cleaner provides very good value. It took very little product to clean four large wheels. The price is competitive with similar products. All in all, a pretty darn good product.

Conclusions:

Pros:
    Safe for all wheels.
    Sprayer emits light, clinging foam.
    Cleans well with light agitation.
    Easy to use.

Cons
    All Spray & Rinse wheel cleaners are a bit misleading.

Initial Ratings

This is a fine product for Joe Consumer who wants a quick, easy to use, safe, effective product.
    Consumer rating = 9

A detailing enthusiast may require a bit stronger product… and one that can be diluted to meet varying wheel cleaning circumstances. Using the concentrates is also a money saver for the frequent user.
    Detailing Enthusiast rating = 8

Again, I will also be doing a long-term evaluation update of this product.
    Boss_429

Great Review Boss.

I agree with everything you mentioned above, but would like to quickly add my own "stamp of approval" for this product.

As in your case, my wheels are always pretty clean and easy to clean with this product.

For use in customer details I have found with all wheel cleaners (except heavy acid based cleaners) that agitation will be required.

This is not a big problem. I would rather have to agitate and work a little harder than use a product that is going to damage mine or my customers wheels.

I find this to be a very good and affordable product that is very safe and makes much easier work of cleaning wheels from brake dust, oils, and general grime.

For a pro or weekend warrior, this is a product I would suggest to get the job done safely and affordably with excellent results.

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');