• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Sanding Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Sanding Help

So long story short. My friends had painted my car sometime ago thinking it would be a nice gift. After spending 3 days working on getting the paint off, i now hate them. So there was a lot of deep scratches in the clear coat. I tried 1000 first (wet) and it would not take it out. So I went to 220 then 400. I had to do this to the whole car. The clear coat is fine. When I get it wet it shines. I never went to deep into the clear. Now I need to know what I should do next to get the gloss back.

Re: Wet Sanding Help

you need to sand with 500, 800, 1000, 2000, 3000, buff, polish & wax.
    the point is you need to make the sanding marks very fine then buff with a wool pad.
    Finishing with 400 isn't the way to do it. you need to finish with a 2000 or I like 3000.
    <--- Look at my Avatar, your not even in the middle yet.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
      you need to sand with 500, 800, 1000, 2000, 3000, buff, polish & wax.
      the point is you need to make the sanding marks very fine then buff with a wool pad.
      Finishing with 400 isn't the way to do it. you need to finish with a 2000 or I like 3000.
      <--- Look at my Avatar, your not even in the middle yet.
      What grit should my buff compound be?

Comment

compound doesn't have a grit.
        I use 105

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');