• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really goes on at the body shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What really goes on at the body shop?

Part of an interesting conversation I came across today:

FIRST GUY: I was told the dealer did not have to disclose the damage on my new-to-me 328i BMW sedan if was less than $1,000

SECOND GUY: Makes sense. $1000 in repairs only gets some body shop guy to spit on a towel and rub your bumper for 15 mins. Cost breakdown:
    Spit (0W-30, completely natural (non-synthetic)): $250
    Rubby dubby on the bumper: $750

Re: What really goes on at the body shop?

Not surprised,
    Last year someone lightly swiped my Subie's rear bumper.
    When I saw it, my first thought was... !!!!!!!!!, I gotta go to the bodyshop for repairs
    I decided to take my DA and polish pad, a lil Ult Compound and 10 mins the huge black scuff marks were completely gone....sadly some paint was scrapped off, but with a steady hand and some touch up paint, the damage was not easily noticed unless you were 2 ft away. While not perfect, it was better than paying someone else upwards of $1000
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Mar 6, 2013, 05:21 PM. Reason: Edited for family friendly language - *'s don't work
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

defiantly dry it. and don't rub dry your car like they do. Rubbing your paint in circle is just asking for swirls. go in one direction and use more then one towel.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

oops responded on the wrong thread

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');