• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning inner fender/ wheel wells that are DP-90 or flat black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning inner fender/ wheel wells that are DP-90 or flat black?

Greetings,

I just has a general question regarding 1960's era cars with usual flat black inner fender/wheel wells. As we all know road grime/grease/oil/ even bug gutts will eventually 'spot' or degrade the look of a the flat black/ DP-90/ black satin finish.

Short of having some sort of clear on these, what products could one use to effectively clean these areas? I've tried various products which clean but you can still see an 'outline' of the previously effected area (almost like a water spot on a clear coat). Sometimes, depending on the contaminant, the black will even discolor (darker/ lighter).

This goes for the under neath of the hood as well and fire wall.

Many thanks for any product and/or technique guidance,
    -Dellinger

Re: Cleaning inner fender/ wheel wells that are DP-90 or flat black?

I usually spray with Super degreaser 4:1, scrub down/ hose off.
    Use a leaf blower to dry wheel well and apply a coating of Griot's garage Undercarriage spray....works great

Get the perfect results on your car care project while having fun at every stage with Griot’s cleaners, polishes, auto detailing tools and other supplies.
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

First I would just use regular car soap if that doesn't work the go with a degreaser. After your all done cleaning you should protect it. Hyper Dressing is my goto and if you want a nicer look then D156 Express Wax will do wonders.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks gents. I've got some Hyper Dressing on the way.

Comment

I mix mine 2 Hyp:1 H2O to have a heavyer product. Most Detailers mix 1 hyp : 4 H2O to streatch product and have a lighter product.
          That's a nice thing about HD is you can change what it looks like on a paticular applications ie: 1960's wheel wells

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');