• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping of liquid detailer/cleaner products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping of liquid detailer/cleaner products

Just curious how people find getting spray bottles of detailer/wax/wheel cleaner etc shipped... Does anyone ever have any leakage? How are the products packed? wrapped in plastic or just shipped in a box with the rest of the products?

I've had a slight issue with getting products from the NZ distributor this week. The only time I've ever ordered online in the past there was one bottle of UWAWA in the order, but there were no leakages in that instance... This time I ordered 2 bottles of Multi-Piece wheel cleaner, some brushes and cloths, and when the original package came, it was dropped off at my gate sopping wet, and half a bottle of the wheel cleaner had soaked all through my package. I suspect the fault lays mainly with the courier, as the package was labelled as flammable and had right side up stickers on it, though I suspect the neck of the offending bottle couldn't have been tight.

The distributor, in full fairness, promptly sorted out a replacement for the leaky bottle and all contaminated items, so I fully praise them for that... Funnily enough though, the replacement package arrived today and there was some very, very minor leakage again... Not enough to dampen the cloths, but one corner of the box had some wetness... Also not enough of a problem to contact the distributor again.... But I don't think I'll make a mixed order again, just incase a repeat happens. If I ever want some UWAWA or wheel cleaners that I can't get from my local brick and mortar, it'll be as a stand-alone order with no mitts or cloths etc...

Re: Shipping of liquid detailer/cleaner products

I have ordered dozens of orders thru ADS, Autogeek and Amazon.
    ADS and AG has always been perfect with gallon sizes, spray bottles of various sizes/pretty much all liquids are individually sealed in plastic bags, lids taped, foam peanuts etc

Amazon was hit and miss, had a few spray bottles of quick wax leaked, box was soaking wet...Amazon was great and issued a replacement order...but unfortunately that order was discarded buy the courier company as it too leaked. Another time I ordered a gallon of M66, it arrived leaking and absolutely NO cushioning inside the box...again, Amazon was great with a refund.
    A recent order thru Amazon, I noticed the spray bottles of protectant were sealed in plastic bags.
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

All the stuff I have ordered through AG has always arrived perfectly.

They do a great job of packing it and sealing the lids.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

auto geek packages there stuff pretty good. Not sure they ship internationally

Comment

Originally posted by goldenlight View Post
          Not sure they ship internationally
          They sure do!
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

They do i asked for stuff to mexico i got it perfect but you keep in mind adition to the products you gotta pay some taxes in my case 16% for the total

Comment

Knock on wood, I never had a problem with leakage. But one thing I do is NOT order anything 'freezable' during the winter months. Bill (any idea why I can't line space with the 'enter' button?)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');