• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

03 Mustang Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 Mustang Convertible

This is not yet done, but wanted to show a few photos of what I did do. This car was really dirty. It's hard to tell if some of the photos.

Only did a few things for now. Going to do more if not finish in another week.

I used the Meguiar's Wash & Wax Anywhere product. It took it to another level than it was for sure. I did lightly brush to top coat of dirt first with a duster before using the WAWA.

The front end had a lot of dead bugs blood and all. I never used any bug and tar remover or even the bug sponges to remove them. The WAWA took all of it off. The pictures of the rim was done with my steam cleaner I just got. I never used any chemicals before. Not saying you'll always be able to not use something, but I wanted to see how well the steamer did. Steam on, wipe off with MF towel. Now there are some spots on the other rims than I will still need to use a little cleaner to get some of the stuff off, but this car is a quick clean for now, until I get real down and dirty finalizing all the little parts left over.

Also that last photos are of the hood. It's got lots of swirl marks all over the hood. I was finally able to get some pictures when the sun popped out enough to capture it. I'm sure I have more all over the entire car, just not enough son to capture them, plus I have no halogens or anything to see.

Ok off to the pictures.

Before Rear Wing & Trunk Lid Clean

After Rear Wing & Trunk Lid Clean

Before Front End Clean

After Front End Clean

Before Driver's Side Clean

After Driver's Side Clean

Before Steam Cleaning Rim

After Steam Cleaning Rim

Hood Swirl Marks

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Re: 03 Mustang Convertible

UPDATE!!

Hood, front fenders and front bumper finished.

First attempt was with the Ultimate Polish on speed 4 with #8207 yellow foam pad. Didn't removed enough, so I stepped up to the SwirlX, same speed, #8207 yellow foam pad, made a little headway, but not enough. Finalized with Ultimate Compound on a #8207 yellow foam pad with the Meguiars DA buffer on speed 4.5-5. Got much better results.

Topped off with NXT 2.0 on speed 3 on #9207 black foam pad!

Still have to do the doors and entire rear end. At least I don't have to polish the roof, lol.

Hood with lots of swirl marks. Camera really doesn't do it justice. I hope you can tell the difference. Still learning how to take pictures right and get the lighting right.

After UC applied

This next pic, hopefully you can tell the difference. The center of hood is done with UC, while the edge of the center to the far right of the hood edge is not done. I'm hoping you can tell the difference in clarity from the distance I took the photo. Much hazier and swirled from center edge to right edge of hood.

A little closer look, still maybe too much light and camera not getting the difference. This is from the left side, done with UC and the right side still swirled.

Last 2 photos are completed UC polishing and topped off with NXT 2.0 Tech Wax.

Comment

Where's the fished pics?

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Car still isn't done. It rained on it Monday, so I have to re wash again. The front of course is done. Still have doors and the rear end to do and touch up a few interior things. I 've got photos on that also. Probably another weekend or 2 before I get all the pictures up and it actually detailed. Darn weather isn't cooperating around here. It's Spring tomorow and it's supposed to be a high of 28 low of 7. WTF? Supposed to be average of 50-51 right now, lol. I'm ready for this weather to change warm and stay there. I've got 4 clients waiting for detailing. I usually start back up around Mid to end of April but would like to hit it earlier. Anywho, more pics to come.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');