• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailer / paint correction needed in the Detroit area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailer / paint correction needed in the Detroit area

I'm looking to correct some issues to a new (black) vehicle, however it may be an unusual request. To be brief:

My new 2013 black GMC Sierra had paint protection film installed by a recommended professional with years of experience. In daylight, I noticed many untrimmed edges, air pockets and lifting edges. In short I don't trust the complete installation and would like to have an experienced detailer examine the paint after the film is removed.

Also, the tailgate suffered numerous rock salt chips after the truck was parked at work and a hasty landscape crew slung rock salt from close range. There are 6-8 chips through the clearcoat, and I don't know if it could be remedied, or how to approach that repair.

In both cases, I need a professional with references. I hate to be so picky (I really do) but from these last months' experiences I just want to enjoy the new truck I purchased 1000 miles ago. I understand talent is not cheap, but I am looking for a quality, reputable detailer / paint correction.

Feel free to email me here for quickest results.

chet (at) motorcityhotrod (dot) com

Re: Detailer / paint correction needed in the Detroit area

I would be curious as well who is reputable in the Detroit area. Preferable northern area or Oakland county Rochester area

Comment

Re: Detailer / paint correction needed in the Detroit area

Well your being picky your being Car Crazy!
      I don't know of anyone in your area. Yelp it? There has to be someone around you.
      (I'll come to you for an additional charge, but that would be expensive)
      Your probably going to have to drive to someone. Make a weekend out of it.

For the chips I can recommend Dr. Color Chip. It a miracle paint that you wipe on, wipe off.
      drcolorchip.com

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');