• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Mustang

A friend of mine has just purchased a 2014 Mustang, it's painted deep impact blue. He is looking for recommendations on soap, detailer & wax. He wants the color to "pop" without the wax or detailer darkening the color. I was thinking GC soap, Ultimate QD & NXT 2.0. Does anyone have a better recommendation?

Sounds fine

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Re: 2014 Mustang

Meguiars Ultimate has always made my vehicles "pop" especially those with metallic paint. Cannot remember if it darkens the paint or not though....

Comment

I was originally thinking Gold Class across the board but I remember it slightly darkening the red paint on my wife's Jeep.

Comment

UQD has a slight darkening effect IMO. The others you mentioned don't really.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yes, UQD does have a darkening effect, leaves a nice rich finish, which is a lot for a mere Quick detailer, plus that hydrophobic polymer is hard to beat.

Comment

Then what would be a good detailer for him since he wants the paint to darken as little as possible.

Comment

He could try Last Touch or the old school Quik Detailer (in the burgundy bottle).
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Last touch... Maybe not the newest instant detailer, but I love that product. Leaves a slick finish, maybe even slicker than UQD upon initial application. UQD wins overall, it has protective polymers that last longer than the slickness of Last Touch. But last touch is more versatile.

Comment

^^ and more economical!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');