• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA polisher and Single Stage Dupont AcryLic Urethane Enamel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA polisher and Single Stage Dupont AcryLic Urethane Enamel

Hey all. I just picked up my Mequiars DA Polisher. It took a week to build up the courage to use it. It is a bit intimidating to use it on a car that has show quality paint.
    I have 57 Tbird with single stage urethane-Colonial White paint. The paint on it is 19 years old and still looks great. It is very glossy with very little fade or haze in the paint. The car has moderate scratches in it that I am working to get out. I have made 3 passes at speed 3 and 1 pass at 4 with Ultimate Compound and the w8207 yellow polishing pad. There was little to no difference. I started with UC and this buffing pad because i had it on hand and wanted to start slowly and not get to aggressive. Please note in CANADA, the Professional products are named differently than the US. What would be the next step in your opinion.

Thanks

Re: DA polisher and Single Stage Dupont AcryLic Urethane Enamel

Make sure your process and product usage is correct first. Did you apply enough (or too much) product, correct pressure on the machine, correct arm speed, overlapping passes, etc... Kind of tough to teach all that from a forum. Explore YouTube for some correct DA polishing videos. Mike Phillips put out a great DA polishing video awhile back.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

The first thing would be to check your technique.

How much pressure were you applying, how fast were you moving?

The speed 4 may still be a little on the low side as well.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Here are a couple of videos -

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');