• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wavey Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wavey Paint

Hello,

I have the side door repainted by unprofessional shop, the paint look wavey, looks like they removed the OEM paint by vertical motion, so is it possible to fix this by wet sanding? Note: the paint is somewhat thin

Hey,

Do you have a picture of the problem you could post?

It sounds like they did not prep very well before painting. I need to see a picture before I can say what it may be. But if it is prep issues, the Body Shop may need to re-paint.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

It might be possible to remove it by wetsanding but you should just bring it back to them to fix it. Otherwise, try some 2000 grit wetsand with lots of caution.
      Pics would definitely help.

Comment

Here it's , Notice the how the black link is wavey

Comment

Hey,

Though I may be wrong, but you will not be able to wet sand that out as the "waves" and the prep sanding marks appear to be quite visible. You really need to take it back to the Body Shop and have them fix the issue. Sorry.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I had the same problem with a door on my Hemi. The job was done by a very professional shop. I tried the wet sanding bit. Didn't do one bit of good. The shop didn't want to mess with it for fear of making it worse.(They know how fussy I am.) But after reminding them that I used them exclusively for thirty years, they block sanded it and recleared the door and it looks fine.

The portion of the door that looked wavy had no body work or color painting done to it. Just clear coat. The work was done on a very hot humid day. I think that this has something to do with the problem.

Painting with the new base coat/clear coat is a true art. I admire the painters that can do it well.

Tom

Comment

Thanks all for your reply,

tguil, do you know what sanding paper they used?( 3000,2000,etc)?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');