• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piscataway, New Jersey! - Meguiar's Detailing Class April 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahah,

this is silly guys. i don't recall reading this much about process in any of Mike's Cali detail days...

anyways - i wish it didn't rain - the pizza was good though =)
    thanks again.
    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
      hahah,

this is silly guys. i don't recall reading this much about process in any of Mike's Cali detail days...
      I agree...

As a practice, we don't delete threads or posts on this forum as the there are a few people in the world that would use that to try to make us look bad, but if no one minds, I wouldn't mind going through and cleaning out this thread so that it only reflects the event...

PM me if that's okay with you, otherwise I'll let it stand.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks to Rod Kraft for doing an outstanding job. He was knowledgeable and approachable and quite objective - he didn’t “sell� us the Meguiar's line... he let the products speak for themselves.

Some decent tips I learned:

- Use a cigarette cellophane or baggie around your fingers when touching the car to highlight the feel of surface contaminants.

- Use two carabiners clipped to your pants pocket (or belt loop) to keep the polisher cord movable, but away from the vehicle.

- Apply a straight line of polishing product, and approach it from a 10 o’clock position to avoid slinging it all over the place.

I also learned that a rotary polisher isn’t nearly as intimidating as folks would lead you to believe. Having tested it out, I’m now more inclined to try it in a real world application. (On someone else’s car, of course.)

I’m still getting a handle on the layout of the Meguiar’s line of products. The number of products - heck, the number of LINES of products - is unwieldy. I have to spend some time online to digest them all, and find out what suits my needs.

Also, thanks to Mark at PAL for letting us run amok in his shop. It’s a great place - I’ll be sure to tell people about it.

Rob B.
        tworedconvertibles

P.S. Not to belabor the attendance issue, but it sure looked full to me.

Comment

Maybe next time we can all grab a frosty adult beverage afterwards?

SL
          Last edited by snappylips; May 5, 2005, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Did any one mess around with wetsanding or rotary after the class?
            2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I was hoping to get this in earlier than today.. sorry. I wanted to take the time and thank EVERYONE that was able to make it to the seminar. I know some people could not make it and I understand things happen.

I had a blast and was very pleased with the level of interaction during the class. Aside from loving what I do... its being around Car Crazy (I had to say it) people that helps to fuel the passion for teaching these seminars.

It was great to see everyone show up with an open mind. And thanks also for the feedback!

I need to thank Mark and his wife for taking the time to help put this together and setting everything up. Thanks!!

Also a big thanks to Mike Phillips for his endless work and help behind the scenes at the glass enclosed nerve center called Meguiar's... (line from a local radio station)

Thanks,
              Rod

Comment

Just a completely awesome day, there is no way I would have learned all the great stuff I did on Saturday even if I read away online about how to do this and that.

I feel proud knowing why you have to clay before you wax so that I can get that amazing shine that brilliantly sparkles in all weather. I was planning on just washing and waxing but I would never get that shine I got the day the car came off the lot. I have a few more products buy now that I am getting aquainted with all these products.

I hope there will be another seminar more midlevel than the one we just attended, you know there will be lots of demand for that one. I want to learn more, now as I start detailing my car, I'm sure I will have questions that arise from learning to detail the right way.

*DiamondJim*

Comment

I also had A great time it was good to get away for awhile to see some old friends and meet some new.

First of all I would like to Thank Meguiar's for the incite to show the public what there product can and can not do. I have never seen nor heard of other manufactures doing this at the consumers level....Keep up the good work

Rod Craft
                  Rod Craft's demonstration is one of the best I have ever seen, He talks to at a level we all can understand and does not try to sell or push a product answerers all questions and explains how important the 5 step process is to good quality car care.

Mark at PAL'S
                  for keeping his door open 6 hours longer than normal so we learn a better technique so we can bring our vehicals to a near perfect finish. Mark If you can keep your doors open I will buy my yearly supples from you exclusively

Paulvr4
                  Paul for sharing you photos with us here on the site and it's Beercan31 and thank you for you kind words about my truck. All I learned last year is what you saw....Maybe next year it will be even better....at least I hope so.

Mike Phillips and the Moderators.
                  For you years of knowledge and keeping this site going.

to all who attended.

you know if there are troubles with the process these guy's here will go the extra mile to get you back on track. They have for me, just remember they (Meguiar's on line.com) have seen the same questions asked a thousand different ways so if they did not answer your question try giving them more info.

see ya next year.
                  Rich
                  If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                  DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

see ya next year.
                    Hope they have a class sooner than that......

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');