• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Wax 26 or Show Car Glaze 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Wax 26 or Show Car Glaze 7?

Hi this is my first post but I have used a couple of bottles of Meguiars in the past with great results.

My wife recently got a 2008 MB C-class in metallic navy blue (very dark). The car is in excellent condition but it looks like the previous owner did little waxing.

The paint is full of swirlmarks and has little shine to it. I went to a store that used to sell meguiars products, but they are currently down to just two bottles. Yellow wax 26 and Show Car Glaze 7.

How do these two compare to each other. What is the purpuse of each one or how do they work together?

They also had a tube of Scratch X and a mothers clay kit and cleaner wax. The rest was just a bunch of armour all and turtle wax products.

If I where going to buy just a bottle of the two which one should I get, or with the products available what should be my strategy to go over the Benz

Re: Yellow Wax 26 or Show Car Glaze 7?

Comment

Re: Yellow Wax 26 or Show Car Glaze 7?

You have to wash your car first, then remove any contaminants with a clay kit, Mothers works well. Not the best, but it's more than capable for contaminant removal. Claying will make the paint contaminant free and smoother, paint cleaners, glazes/polishes and waxes will be easier to work with and make the wax bond with the paint better. After claying, paint cleaning is needed, Ultimate compound can work (it usually does) well. Can be used by machine or hand.

Machine Correction (a DA Polisher is recommended) works best, but it is possible to remove swirls by hand, but set aside at least a day for optimum results. You can correct your paint with Ultimate Compound, it has to be worked in and removed WHILE WET. By hand, work in 2 sq ft sections, work it in until it goes clear, remove. Check the results, re-do if some swirls are left.

If swirls are gone, you will have more shine and depth and if your car is metallic, you will se more of the metallic flakes. You can now move on to a pure polish and wax.

M07 is a pure polish, contains polishing oils, absolutely non-abrasive. Its purpose is to condition the paint, add depth and shine, it will help in allowing the wax to bond better. Being a dark colored car, it will make a difference. However, it has absolutely no protective ability. You need to seal in the shine with a good wax, like M26 Yellow Wax.

Yellow wax M26 is a pure wax, no polishing oils. It is a carnauba wax with silicones in it, it's an easy to use wax, gives deep shine but is not the longest lasting megs wax.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');