• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muscle Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for the general (g.m.) to roll out some surprises in 07 prolly the return of atleast the camaro.
    2001 ws6 Trans am
    (Blackbird edition #19)
    433rwhp
    409rwt

Comment

I'll stick with Stangs........the newer maro's werent too shabby....too bad they dont make them anymore:p
      1999 V6 Mustang

Turbo: www.tmaturbo.com

Tune: www.springfieldmotorsport.com

Comment

Muscle Cars

Speaking of muscle cars, I just traded in my WS6 on an '04 GTO! I wasn't really planning on it but the Pontiac dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I got it for $100 UNDER dealer invoice and got a very generous trade in allowance on my TA. The generous trade in allowance was due to the excellent condition the WS6 was in and that the paint looked so great (thanks to NXT!) It was the best looking car on the lot, even compared to all the new cars and trucks. They had been getting a lot of requests for '01 and '02 TAs and I'm sure that was a factor also.

I will miss my WS6, it has a more aggressive performance look than the GTO and it served me well. But the GTO looks a lot better in person than some of the pics I have seen. It is more of a sleeper car, like a 2 door Grand Prix. I got Impulse Blue with a blue interior. The interior is nicer, with better seats than the TA and there is more interior room too. The performance is on a par with a stock WS6, with the GTO having a little bit more bottom end due to the higher torque and a 3.46:1 rear axle compared to the 3.23:1 in the WS6. Surprisingly, the GTO handles quite a bit better than the TA too.

The timing was just right to make the deal. My car had 38,000 miles on it and I would have traded next year for sure. Trade in values take a big hit after 50K miles. Since trade in values were so high and I found a GTO I liked at a good price I couldn't turn it down.

There have been a lot of flame wars on some of the F-body and GTO sites about which car is better. I like them both and they each have their place. BTW, I like the Mustangs and Cobras too! The '05 Stang will be a BIG hit!

This way I'll have a good low mileage car in '07 when the next TA, or next GTO comes to market.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

interesting.. How have you been liking the 04"GTO"? I think it's a fine car, but it can't be called a GTO. It just isn't a musclecar imho... They should have made it a new model, competing with the stang etc, then it would have been a bigger hit.

Anyhow, I bet you're having fun with it, it's pretty quick isn't it?
          -Kyle

2003 SVT Cobra - Redfire
          http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...aCorrected.jpg

Comment

I really like it! I'm glad I bought it. It is very quick and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Oh, and the sound of that exhaust!

RamAirV1
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

good glad to know you're enjoying it.
              -Kyle

2003 SVT Cobra - Redfire
              http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...aCorrected.jpg

Comment

GTO

Thanks Tim and fordboards. I was just thinking abou that. I should probably change my screen name. Hmmmmmmm.......... GTO '04 sounds good.

Oh, and yes there will be polishing soon. I wish I would have remembered to clean all my DA pads. The goat has surprisingly few swirl marks on it. But it does have that pesky rail dust that so many new cars have. I don't trust any dealer detail people (the high volume, so get it done fast mentality) to deal with rail dust so I'll do it myself.

This car shoul also take less time to wash and dry off. Less compound curves and places for drips to trickle from. I should be able to use the DA on a greater percentage of the car too.

RamAirV1
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

GTO

Thanks Tim and fordboards. I was just thinking abou that. I should probably change my screen name. Hmmmmmmm.......... GTO '04 sounds good.

Oh, and yes there will be polishing soon. I wish I would have remembered to clean all my DA pads. The goat has surprisingly few swirl marks on it. But it does have that pesky rail dust that so many new cars have. I don't trust any dealer detail people (the high volume, so get it done fast mentality) to deal with rail dust so I'll do it myself.

This car shoul also take less time to wash and dry off. Less compound curves and places for drips to trickle from. I should be able to use the DA on a greater percentage of the car too.

RamAirV1
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: GTO

Originally posted by RamAirV1

RamAirV1
                    What's wrong with Goat-IV (IV Goat?) GTO-IV
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"
                    2013 Camaro ... triple black
                    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Congrats on the Goat RamAirV1!!!
                      2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
                      Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
                      ASC# 1,575
                      406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Comment

Thanks 1 Clean WS6. Don, those names are good possiblilities too.

RamAirV1
                        (Soon to be GTO-04 or GTO-IV or Goat -IV)
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Congrats.on the goat.Id love to get one or the 05 stang I will always have my bird.I think soon the goat gets a ls6 and scoops.
                          2001 ws6 Trans am
                          (Blackbird edition #19)
                          433rwhp
                          409rwt

Comment

Thanks J Solo. I was looking at the Stang too if I wasn't able to get a goat at a good price. Since I just bought an '04, you can bet that the '05s will be out soon complete with hood scoops and the LS6. The last I read was that the LS6 will be available in upgraded model at extra cost.

When they put the LS6 in the Cadillac CTS, the price went from the mid $30Krange to $51k!

I washed the goat today and it took just under 1.5 hours including drying time. It would have taken less time if the finish had been waxed. Washing is a lot harder on a non-waxed surface covered with rail dust. The water did not roll of the paint like it did on my waxed WS6, it just sat there. The WS6 took a minimum of 2.5 hours.

The next step is rail dust removal with a clay bar. Then MPC only on areas that need it, followed by #81. LSP will be NXT. I got caught by surprise without any clean DA pads. I will probably start by hand and maybe finish next weekend with the PC.

RamAirV1
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

It will be some work but Ive always loved doing a new car its different then what your used to got to love it.
                              2001 ws6 Trans am
                              (Blackbird edition #19)
                              433rwhp
                              409rwt

Comment

Although I love my 59 Caddy, isn’t that a muscle car now? It has a 454 (30 over) Big Block Chevy...

Anyway, back on topic. I love the 67’s! It is a GREAT year for muscle cars of all makes!

Lynn
                                Lynn Matthews

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');