• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Quik Detail Pad Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought two of these QD pads myself. I tried it out as advertised, but I had some trouble removing all of the QD (Final Detail)....Did I use too much?

Course, it could have been the time of day too. It was starting to get dark and the humidity starts to rise at that time.

Would washing it out cause the fibers to be a little more absorbent next time?.......How do you wash them out anyway?

The QD pad did excel at one thing though, and that was for wiping down the inside of the windshield, and glass in general......Did a great job there!

I recommend the pad for glass if nothing else.
    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
      Bought two of these QD pads myself. I tried it out as advertised, but I had some trouble removing all of the QD (Final Detail)....Did I use too much?

Course, it could have been the time of day too. It was starting to get dark and the humidity starts to rise at that time.

Would washing it out cause the fibers to be a little more absorbent next time?.......How do you wash them out anyway?

The QD pad did excel at one thing though, and that was for wiping down the inside of the windshield, and glass in general......Did a great job there!

I recommend the pad for glass if nothing else.
      I have about 12 of these things and love them. I have so many as they start to get a little limsy after repeated washings.

They will streak if to much product is used. I tend to mist directly to the pad 5-6 times from the start. Do a panel or 1/2 of the hood then give it 2-3 shots for the next panel. Sometimes I can tell I have a little too much and only give 1-2 squirts for the next panle.

I detail at night and hunidity is a factor. I find when removing the product that it looks like I have done nothing more than smeared it around. But, if I pay attention to what I am doinf and make absolutely sure I have gone over the panel exactly like I do the side panels, then come the next day, after the dew is gone, there is no indication of streaking.

Not sure about washing them to make them more absorbent. I treat the same as I do all my MFs and Terrys. Once done using the fabric, I mist it a few times with APC, hitting any heavily soiled spots a little harder. Once done, I pitch in a wire waste basket I keep in my trunk. When the wire basket is full, It's laundry time. I separate Terrys from MFs and then wash once in Hot Water, Using the residual APC already in the fabric as the cleaner. Then I wash again with woolite in hot water. The dry in the dryer. I treat my terrys the same.

Some of the QD Pads tend to get flimsy after repeated washings but they are still entirely usable.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Just to follow-up on this pad.

After I had a chance to use it a few more times, I can see why you all are raving over it. It makes QD'ing a car much more enjoyable. The microfiber wrapped sponge makes it very easy to hold onto and to work with.

As for removing all of the QD. I just keep the pad rotated and keep wiping until the residue is gone. I think the sponge must wick away some of the excess moisture.

I bought 1/2 dozen of them and I'm glad I did. Great product!
        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          Just to follow-up on this pad.

After I had a chance to use it a few more times, I can see why you all are raving over it. It makes QD'ing a car much more enjoyable. The microfiber wrapped sponge makes it very easy to hold onto and to work with.

As for removing all of the QD. I just keep the pad rotated and keep wiping until the residue is gone. I think the sponge must wick away some of the excess moisture.

I bought 1/2 dozen of them and I'm glad I did. Great product!
          I agree! I can't believe I waited so long to use this. Very easy to hold and control. Feels extra gentle on the surface. I only have a couple now but I as the summer rolls around I am going to pick up a few more to use after the Body Duster.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

This pad is right now also available in germany, and as a meguiars dealer I got one to test it before I would sell it to my customers.

I tried yesterday during a quik clay session on a customers car and in this case I wasn`t really happy about the result. I spread the hood with quik detailer and clayed this area. Then I tried to remove the rest of the detailer with this pad on one half, on the other half I used a meguiars mf towel. The result: I removed the detailer 2-3 times faster with the mf towel than using the pad!

I dont know whats going wrong, I tried both sides of the never used pad but the result was the same: The detailer was spread over the area but left a thin "film" on the hood, in the need to use the pad again and again until the area was clean. With the mf towel I needed only 1-2x wipes until everything was clean...

After that, I tried also on other areas on the car but result was the same. At least, I put the pad back in my stock and used the mf towel all over the car and everything was fine.

Have I done something wrong? Could it be that a complete new pad is not good as a used pad? I also realized that the surface of the pad got really wet - the towel only a little bit. Or should this pad not be used in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuningfreak
              Have I done something wrong? Could it be that a complete new pad is not good as a used pad? I also realized that the surface of the pad got really wet - the towel only a little bit. Or should this pad not be used in this case?
              It takes more QD product to lube detailing clay, than it does for just QD'ing the car itself. I would rather use a cotton terry towel, or a microfiber towel when removing lube residue.

The detailing pad works great for removing light mist, but it can become saturated quickly if there is too much product to remove.
              r. b.

Comment

Re: Microfiber Quik Detail Pad Review

I picked one of them up some time ago and tryed to use the qd and didnt like it at all for this.

But i do love it as a m/f wash sponge. I have used this many times and the results are awsome. Its been used on these two cars and the shine is awesome.

http://tinypic.com/mh58d5.jpg

Comment

nice birdy and a vette nice
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

I used the QD sponge for interior leather cleaning and conditioning. It's my go to pad for cleaning and following up with a conditioner on leather seats and vinyl. I throw in the wash and no residue left.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');