• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guaranty your work? My work is "superbly guaranteed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guaranty your work? My work is "superbly guaranteed"

Now I'm trying to be arrogant or to brag. I'm just so prod of myself and I just wanted to share with MOL how taking pride in your work pays off for everyone.

This customer was suppose to call me back so I could do his interior but he never called.
    While I was in his neighborhood I stopped by to check in with him. To my surprise the scratches that I though I had completely removed where still there! Granted they were caused by a child drawing on a black car with a rock I was still shocked.

Now I take a lot of pride in my work. I consult with Meg's, and other detailers if I ever run into a problem. And as I work all their teachings are telling me what to do. So I was appalled at myself for these scratches "coming back". I blame an oily product, bad lighting/sun/work area. I learned my lesson and this will never happen again.

I told my customer I wanted to come back and fix those scratches with wet sanding and get all psycho on them!!!
    Well, all the scratches were removed and the work was triple checked and we were all happy with the results.
    Today I checked my on-line reviews and I saw this:

Mike
    Coto De Caza, CA
    5 stars
    5/30/2013:
    I had Mario out to do a complete detail on my Black Toyota, It was windy day and he did a very good job in the conditions.
    Mario had mentioned to me then that he could do a thorough interior clean at some later day of my choosing. I had forgotten that, and, to call him back, but Mario checked back w...ith me about the interior, and saw some of the paint correction work he'd done previously on my driver door had not lasted, some scratches were back. He said he'd be back the next day and would fix it for free, under warranty.
    He showed up and hand sanded the scratches, compounded and polished them completely out. All the time he was working, nearly 4 hours on his dime, he was more than happy to share with me what he was doing at each step, what product he preferred, and tips and tricks for me to utilize myself.
    He even showed me the correct method for Dr Color Chip paint fills for scratches that couldn't be corrected out easily. Mario is a consummate professional.
    He will teach and demonstrate to professionals and aspiring n00bs.
    His work is top quality and is superbly guaranteed.
    If you need work on your car's finish call this guy, you will not be sorry.

So guarantee your work, you'll make your customers happy, you'll make yourself prod and your business will grow.

I always tell my customers:
    "Your satisfaction is guarantied. Please call me if your not happy with anything and I'll be right over to make you happy"

and on the bottom of my receipt it says this:
    "If we did a great job tell your friends, if not tell us"

DetailingByM.com

Re: Do you guaranty your work? My work is "superbly guaranteed"

Folks have no business selling calling themselves professional detailers or even detailing for money on the side if they won't guarantee results to the customer's expectations (as agreed upon). Fine job, Mario. To go back and not only remind a client that he is still owed an interior detail, but to also correct your previous work pro gratis is an reflection of your professionalism. U da man!

I once charged a co-worker and friend $120 for what I thought would be a 6 hour paint correction. 16 hours later...
    But (like you) I didn't charge any more than what we had agreed upon, even though my friend tried to double the $120 when she handed me the check. I told her to tear it up and write me another for the original fee. Nobody pays for my mistakes except me, and if my estimation was wrong then I still have to deliver on what I promised rather than trying to make up for it by charging more or doing a lesser job.

Comment

Re: Do you guaranty your work? My work is "superbly guaranteed"

Props Mario, that is customer service!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');