• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA power system problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA power system problem?

Hey,

I got the DA Power system last wednesday and have been using it to fix some minor paint issues (with the cutting pad and the ultimate compound) what I have noticed is that after the use, I've noticed that when I was removing the DA system from the power drill, there were some minor iron filings on the DA system that I noticed. I blew it away. The next day I tried again and these filings were back.

It seems to be coming in from the shaft that drives the DA System. Any suggestions?

Re: DA power system problem?

Originally posted by FungGuy View Post
    Hey,

I got the DA Power system last wednesday and have been using it to fix some minor paint issues (with the cutting pad and the ultimate compound) what I have noticed is that after the use, I've noticed that when I was removing the DA system from the power drill, there were some minor iron filings on the DA system that I noticed. I blew it away. The next day I tried again and these filings were back.

It seems to be coming in from the shaft that drives the DA System. Any suggestions?
    Give a call to the customer care center. Those guys will take care of you.

Number available on back of bottle or I am sure you can find it here. that or they'll find your post soon.

Comment

I am waiting to try the DA power system once it hits Malaysia market.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, the DA System is pretty good. It was able to do the task I want it to do.

Comment

Are you sure the iron filings are coming from the shaft? There's a possibility they could be coming from chuck of your drill..
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Looked at that too, there is clear chipping on the metal piece of the DA System. Also, the chuck is hand tighten, so I don't think it could be 'too tight'.

Comment

yfwong

I gpt the da power system putchased from the us... dp u wanna buy from me? Im from singapore

Comment

I would think the chuck being too loose would create the potential for the shaft to spin inside the chuck and create filings.
                I've have been using the DAPS for about 2 months now and always make sure to get it tight by using the key in all three holes. Tightening from all three also makes sure the shaft if perfectly centered and spins true.

Comment

Originally posted by foilr View Post
                  I would think the chuck being too loose would create the potential for the shaft to spin inside the chuck and create filings.
                  I've have been using the DAPS for about 2 months now and always make sure to get it tight by using the key in all three holes. Tightening from all three also makes sure the shaft if perfectly centered and spins true.
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I thought that was the case too, but sadly, the evidence doesn't point that way.

First, my drill's chuck is hand tighten, so no key. It uses something similar to a Torque Wrench's torque settings and would start making a clicking noise if you are trying to tighten it after it is already tighten, preventing damages to both the Chuck and the drill bits.

Second, the scratches on the piece of metal where you insert the DA system into the chuck is damaged vertically and not spinning damage. My assumption is that the metal used is too soft and therefore breaking down under pressure.

In all serious aspects, that is my only complain about the DA system.

Comment

FungGuy,

This is curious. We have not heard any other feedback/comments like this yet. Can you please send me your full contact info (name, address, phone number, email) by pm or email.
                      Brian Hann
                      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                      Meguiar's Inc.
                      Irvine, California
                      bhann@meguiars.com
                      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');