• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mowed the lawn today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mowed the lawn today!

Today was the first day to get the mower out of it's long winter hibernation. I was suprised how easy the mower started up. Primed it about 4 times and gave the string a good yank, fired right up like it ran yesterday!

Before I put it up for the winter, I changed the oil, spark plug, air filter, cleaned it out from old grass, and stabilized the gas with a full tank. So it was ready for the long winter sleep. My yard usualy takes about a little over an hr to mow and ours is Craftsman front wheel drive self propelled. Anybody else cut there grass yet?? deadman98

I dread the thought of it! The Stabilizer works great. If you use it you will have no problems cranking it up the next season.

Comment

Re: Mowed the lawn today!

Originally posted by deadman98
      Anybody else cut there grass yet?? deadman98
      Cut the grass.....I bet I have to use the snowblower again before I use the lawnmower

Comment

I was in Pittsburgh last year at this time...so I know what you are talking about with the white stuff. I am in Vegas right now...my grass is probably underwater in Texas...No need to mow the rocks out here.

Comment

Pulled the Snapper out about 3 weeks ago. I've used it to push the power rake and cut the lawn twice. It's really starting to wake up now.
          *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Hey,

yea it's still early in the season yet. The weather around here lately has been acting awesome!! Though on easter it's supposed to be 41* with rain and snow mix

our lawn had so much junk in it from winter! mulch everywhere, old candy wrappers from blowing around, just a mess. Looks green n clean now,,,,,deadman98

Comment

Shame on you. You didn't put a coat of Mequiar's wax on it before Winter. I hope you do a Spring detail at least.
              LL

Comment

Originally posted by doubleL
                Shame on you. You didn't put a coat of Mequiar's wax on it before Winter. I hope you do a Spring detail at least.
                Actually,

probably wouldn't be a bad idea to throw some wax on there. I have some #26 that's about done so I could prolly use that.

Yep, I can see it now lol

I'll be waxing the mower and people be walking by. Be all !?!??!?????????? lol ,,,,deadman98

Comment

I cut my grass once every 2 months....Whether it needs it or not!
                  r. b.

Comment

The grass started growing like crazy around the 1st of Feb....

We have a 16 year old Daughter that takes care of the cutting though.

Our problem is getting enought water on the grass to keep it green in the wind here. The sprinklers turn on and the wind blows the water up and away from the grass.

Lynn
                    Lynn Matthews

Comment

How I cut the grass:

(Imagine Mosca writing a check to the guy who cuts the grass)

Actually, I can't do it anymore. I never really minded it.

Mosca
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca

owner of the soldering iron of justice

Mosca
                        Ouch!...Gas or electric?
                        r. b.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');