• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instrument cluster and LCD screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument cluster and LCD screen

There have been many posts on cleaning the instrument cluster and LCD screen, but here is my experience.... First used PlastX - looked like some scratches went away but after awhile saw the dreaded hazing appear. Did another application but no better results. Then read about 'Pledge' and have it a go, and it cleared the residue very well! I have since read that PlastX can be too aggressive for internal, will stick to Pledge or even a damp MF. Of course I used a foam applicator and MF. I think one must be careful to only use polishing type compounds when wanting to get rid of scratches and not just for cleaning.

Re: Instrument cluster and LCD screen

Try Quik Interior Detailer, it is all I use for all interior dash surfaces, including clear plastic.

Comment

I've used their Quik Detailer since I started detailing throughout the interior quick Detailer was worth a shot. I used to use their protection a lot but it takes a while and is kind of a pain. This was the perfect solution for the weekly wipedown.
      Just spray it on the dash,plastic,whatever, spreads very easily and does a nice job cleaning and protecting.Smells nice and refreshing.
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][url=http://www.unitedcarcare.com.au/services/trailer-repairs.php]We

Comment

Pledge? spray oil.
        No way.
        PlastX is a very mild polish and works great on smooth shiny interior plastic.
        Don't discount PlastX because you didn't use it correctly. You needed to polish the scratches more in order to get rid of them. Haze? The Polish will haze you have remove that. It is a polish.

Also, don't use anything on nav screens. many people have ruined those screens by putting products on them, a damp towel is all you need.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I've heard that M205 and a soft MF on instrument cluster plastic works really well. Haven't tried it myself yet though...maybe I should.
          Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I use ProtectAll on those surfaces and it works fantastic!
            You can use their product on so many surfaces.
            I Never Use Signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by RPPM View Post
              Try Quik Interior Detailer, it is all I use for all interior dash surfaces, including clear plastic.
              Same here man works everytime!

Comment

Today I noticed some light scratches on the gearshift housing (used to be smooth when the car was new, but after 8000 miles, well, you get the idea...).

This piece is slightly curved, and is made of hard plastic.

What to use to get the scratches out and restore the smoothness?
                2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Try plastx. It works great on plastics.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');