• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds? Watch this video!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds? Watch this video!

Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds Round Table Discussion
    at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Recently I had the opportunity to host a round table discussion here at Autogeek's Show Car Garage with experts from Meguiar's including,

Jason Rose - Technical Service Manager for Meguiar's Professional Line.

Mike Pennington - Global Director of Training for Meguiar's.

Steve Coronado - Marketing Product Manager for Meguiar's Professional Line.

In this round table discussion the four of us go over the benefits, features and intended use for each of these incredibly popular cutting compounds in Meguiar's Professional Line. This includes,

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - M101 Foam Cut Compound - M100 Pro Speed Compound

The goal of this round table discussion is to hopefully remove some of the confusion surrounding the intended markets and uses for these compounds and to help you choose the right compound for your specific detailing projects.

When Meguiar's introduced M105 it quickly set a new standard for both cut and finish quality for an aggressive compound. M105 is what is called a SMAT product, that is it uses Super Microscopic Abrasive Technology instead of old fashioned coarse "rocks in a bottle" abrasive technology or diminishing abrasive technology, (DAT).

Following the success of M105, Meguiar's introduced M101 Foam Cut Compound in Europe where it quickly became the new hot product being talked about throughout all the popular Internet detailing discussion forums.

M101 was not originally sold in the U.S. market but due to super high customer demand Meguiar's was prompted to introduce the popular M101 to the U. S. market.

Next Meguiar's introduced M100 Pro Speed Compound, which like the M105 and the M101 quickly gained popularity in the refinishing industry, detailing industry and even the do-it-yourself market.

Jason, Mike, Steve and myself discuss all the differences and similarities between these three compounds as well as describe the variety of ways each compound was intended to be used along with successful non-intended ways these products are being used throughout the entire spectrum of the refinishing and reconditioning industries as well as the car hobby in general.

A lively and informative discussion that will clear up any confusing you might have as well as help you decide with compound will be the best choice for your specific paint correction and detailing needs.

Yancy Martinez, the Creative Director for Autogeek really does a spectacular job of directing and editing this video making it not only informative but simply put, fun to watch.

So grab a bowel of popcorn and your favorite cold beverage and get ready to learn more about Meguiar's premium, top shelf compounds.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Questions about Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds? Watch this video!

Hey, Nice to see Mike Phillips back on the Meguiar's Forum. I always enjoyed your insight and comments Mike.

Excellent discussion and explanation of the products. Very Informative.

Comment

Thanks for the informative video Mike.

Good to see you visiting MOL!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I believe that crew knows a thing or maybe two....
        Love the info...
        Awesome Team. Awesome Products....WOW .
        Needed in deed!!!!!Thanks!!!!

Comment

and yes...I remember

Comment

Well that clears it up!
            Thanks for doing this you guys rock!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

mate watched the vidio and was over the moon with what you showed , /now , i live in Australia , HOW DO I GET MY HANDS ON THE M101, PLEASE SEND ME SOME ADVICE AS TO GETTING IT . EMAIL , LENWELSH@ROCKETMAIL.COM CHOW PAL , GREAT JOB

Comment

Originally posted by twinnspinner View Post
                mate watched the vidio and was over the moon with what you showed , /now , i live in Australia , HOW DO I GET MY HANDS ON THE M101, PLEASE SEND ME SOME ADVICE AS TO GETTING IT . EMAIL , LENWELSH@ROCKETMAIL.COM CHOW PAL , GREAT JOB
                Welcome to MOL!

Meguiars Australia (Motor Active) have just started stocking it, after I "campaigned" to get this and various other pro Meguiars products over here.

Contact them on (02) 9737 9422 and ask for Owen, Alex or Nathan. Get ready to pay a lot more than the US price though..
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');