• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing/Wash Routine Question.....Suffer from Back problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing/Wash Routine Question.....Suffer from Back problems

Hello All:
    I'm looking for some feedback about my Washing/Waxing Routine....

Quick background......
    I broke my back a few years ago in a bad car accident, so I cant bend and twist like I used to be able too. It hurts to go up and down as well!!!

Here is my current routine:
    Wash my car every other week with Meg's Ultimate Wash and Wax and use the Meg Spray Wax......I bought the Professional Gallon Version. I use MEG APC for the Wheels and Tires.

My question is this:
    If I'm washing and using a spray wax every other week, is that enough to protect my paint.....I want it to look good but protection is my #1 concern. As I stated previously, my Back cannot take washing the car AND waxing by hand with a Paste Wax and a orbital machine. The spray wax is almost perfect because it goes on and off quick.

I would love to do multiple steps but I do not have the Stamina (or time )

Thanks Everyone!!!

-RunDougRun

Re: Detailing/Wash Routine Question.....Suffer from Back problems

You certainly may like to look into knee pads, and the rolling stools to help keep form going up and down.

- The UW&W is nice, but if going to follow up with Spray Wax, it is a bit overkill/expensive.

- The Ult. Spray wax (and pro version) are very durable, so if they are being applied often, it should keep a pretty good coat on the paint. The water runoff when you wash should also show if it is flowing off easily, or sticking anywhere.

- You may like to look into something like the T.R.I.X. product to use before washing when you want a deeper cleaning, although it would remove the wax on the surface, so kind of starting over. Or maybe one of the new clay towels, in a very mild version, that you could use while washing to clay the paint a little.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      You certainly may like to look into knee pads, and the rolling stools to help keep form going up and down.

- The UW&W is nice, but if going to follow up with Spray Wax, it is a bit overkill/expensive.

- The Ult. Spray wax (and pro version) are very durable, so if they are being applied often, it should keep a pretty good coat on the paint. The water runoff when you wash should also show if it is flowing off easily, or sticking anywhere.
      Thanks! I can Wash and use the Spray Wax just fine.....That's my limit though . If the Wash and Wax is overkill what would be a good MEG Soap to use?

Comment

The T.R.I.X is also a spray on and rinse product, just so you know...

Gold Class is pretty top of the line.

I keep some UW&W for when I don't want to spray wax, like in the rain or something....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');