• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get shine on a front spoiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get shine on a front spoiler?

I've done my entire car - a black Saab 93 Aero - with Megs clay, SwirlX, UP and UPW ... and even a layer of carnuba over the UPW - and it looks amazing. However, the front spoiler below the bumper doesn't have the same glassy shine as the rest of the car. I suspect it's because it has taken its share of road abuse and the finish isn't as perfect.

Any suggestions from the experts here on how I can get my front spoiler area shining?

Re: How to get shine on a front spoiler?

Assuming it is painted, use the same process as you did with the rest of your car.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Or maybe a closer up pic of any damage if possible?

Maybe some sort of tar remover could be tried for the heck of it?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes these are a pain to perfect.
        Try a compound, M105 or Ultimate Compound by hand with a terry towel. it's aggressive so be gentle and check your work as you progress. Or try a foam applicator for a less aggressive approach.
        This should clean up the paint and shine it too if done properly.
        And yes pics would help a lot.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
          Yes these are a pain to perfect.
          Try a compound, M105 or Ultimate Compound by hand with a terry towel. it's aggressive so be gentle and check your work as you progress. Or try a foam applicator for a less aggressive approach.
          This should clean up the paint and shine it too if done properly.
          And yes pics would help a lot.
          As mentioned, try UC with a foam pad by hand. I used the same method on my 1994 Oxford White F150 a few weeks ago. The Ultimate Trio was used and it came out looking much improved.

Also, I used touch-up paint after the UC and a day prior to the UP.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I did touch up of some of the road rash, then used Ultimate Compound by hand, followed by Ultimate Polish. Took my time and really worked the two. Came out much better. Then a coat of UPW. Looking pretty darned good now.

Comment

Awesome!
              Glad we could help!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');