• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Forum

At one time, I believe there was a posting saying that several headings would be eliminated or merged. I guess this hasn't happened. Some headings rarely get any postings or could be (IMHO) eliminated entireyl. Also, the pages takea long time to load, and I am using a high-speed cable connection.

If you would like more suggestions for changes, please respond.
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Re: Updating Forum

I visit daily and have the same generic page as my starting point and just hit the "What's New" button. Only loads topics I haven't read. Loads quickly. Granted, I miss a lot of the news of the home page.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Perhaps fine-tuning the whole site (which has been unchanged forat least 5 years) might improve the user experience and better
      organize questions and answers?
      Art Layton
      2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

I don't have any problems with the forum.
        Loads fine, multiple times. I open all the post I want to read in new windows and every window opens and loads within seconds.
        Clean up your computer?

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I made a bookmark within my browser that takes me straight to 'whats new'

Comment

Updating my post from earlier. I noticed today that there are several sub-forums where the last entry was years ago! Why not eliminate that sub-forum and replace it with another? Here are some suggestions: FAQ; delete. How to advice - update. combine new products and reviews into one forum. ombine consumer and professional lines into one forum. Combine pictures from classes into one forum. Delete roadshow picture. Put product reviews under products. Temporary forum group - delete.
            Art Layton
            2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');