• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LC flat White pad and UC - enough cutting power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC flat White pad and UC - enough cutting power?

I waxed my wife's car earlier this year before I got my pads and polisher in so I want to do it again. I have 3 flat white and 3 flat black pads. There are a few swirls that I could not get out by hand that I want to tackle with the polisher.

I'm going to start with UP and the white pad to see if that will take the swirls out. If that doesn't work I'm going to go with some UC. Will the white flat pad work well with the UC? Does the white pad have enough cutting power to use with UC?

If the white pad does not have enough cutting power, I'll just pick up a compounding/cutting pad from Harbor Freight for a one time use until I can order some Orange pads.

The car is an '05 Audi A4 in dark green (I think the official name is Cambridge Green Pearl?)

If the swirls are very fine, would I be better off using SwirlX instead? Which is more abrasive, SwirlX or UC?

Re: LC flat White pad and UC - enough cutting power?

I won't let me edit the post, but meant to say ScratchX 2.0 or UC?

What is the order of abrasivness between UC, ScratchX and SwirlX?

Comment

Ult. Polish, #205, SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0, UC, #105.

However, UC and ScratchX 2.0 are very close...

Having something like Ult. Polish or #205 on your shelf as the mild product, and then Ult. Compound for the stronger product would work for 95% of situations.

Esp if going with UC and a milder pad...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Can't go wrong with UC.....!!!!

Comment

Looks like I'll pick up some UC tonight and try it with the white pad. If that doesn't work I can step up to an orange pad with UC.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');