Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

          
  1. #81
    Mr Sparkle davey g-force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,289
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    ^^ Again, wow! To be slicker than M135 is quite impressive for me. I must try some
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

  2. #82
    Registered Member XSSIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post

    At 4:1 this product is virtually identical to Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere but at less than half the cost per ounce. That places it squarely in line with many other top line waterless washes except that, according to this review, it outperforms them.
    Yup and that guy (the genius he is I might add haha) thoroughly nit picked ever nuance of waterless washing using each of the six over a few months of testing on entire cars and also on the same car with a different waterless wash product per panel to really feel the slickness difference and see the shine difference side by side. I still stand behind my love of D115, my favorite new detailing product. Really don't need quick detail sprays anymore thanks to it but being that I'm a quick detail spray addict...

    I'm also a bit shocked at how much I like D155 that I'm currently putting in a grudge match against eight other quick detail sprays. But that's a review/rant for another thread.


    As far as slickness Vs M135, I never tried M135 but D155 comes kinda close to D115 in slickness but falls just a bit short. The shocking thing is how much slicker D115 is than some of the quick detail sprays I've been testing which in some cases boast about their slickness yet are outdone by a waterless wash. I'm a sucker for super slick paint so that's something I always like to judge with products.

  3. #83
    Sr. Global Product & Training Spec Michael Stoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    21,401
    Rep Power
    1137

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by XSSIVE View Post
    Yup and that guy (the genius he is I might add haha) thoroughly nit picked ever nuance of waterless washing
    Genius, huh? You really think he's that bright?


    Seriously though, we loved your review not just because of how much you like D115 but because of the very well thought out way you went about doing the comparison. There are plenty of Meguiar's employees who were immediately hooked on this product and even we marvel at the slickness of it, even after repeated use.
    Michael Stoops
    Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

    Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

  4. #84
    Registered Member XSSIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    Genius, huh? You really think he's that bright?


    Seriously though, we loved your review not just because of how much you like D115 but because of the very well thought out way you went about doing the comparison. There are plenty of Meguiar's employees who were immediately hooked on this product and even we marvel at the slickness of it, even after repeated use.
    I figure the more times I joke about being a genius the more people will start to believe it and fooling people into thinking you're a genius has to be genius in it's own way haha.

    Glad you like the review because I really like the product and am glad to spread the word about it. I've been detailing since 1999 (as a job from '99 to '06) and never really bothered to review products in all those years or test lots of different ones. Back then I tried one or two things and went with it. This obsessive product testing is a new thing for me since I'm currently only detailing my personal cars, friends and family and once in a blue moon a lucky clients car that talks me into it. So I'm doing all the testing really for myself to find my personal favorite products in each category that work well for me.

    Like I said either in my review or on one of the forums I posted it on in response to a comment, I'm real glad I added it to my testing as I was on the hunt to find my favorite waterless wash because the heavier concentration of 4:1 mix combined with the actual product itself at that level really makes waterless washing feel safer and the gloss and slickness left behind kind of negate the need for quick detail sprays. I'm not one to often lavish extreme praise on a product unless it really stands out from the crowd and isn't just a little bit better and D115 really does stand out.

    Now you just need a trade in program like "cash for clunkers" where I can trade in the absurd amount of other brands of waterless wash concentrate to be properly disposed of in return for more D115.

  5. #85
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

    I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

    A friend of mine who has Expel on his car say that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

    Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want have the surface over "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135).

    I have moved to D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Was as my Quick Detailer and so would like to continue to use it for that purpose on my wrapped car also. It's label does not say "contains petroleum distillates", but I want to make sure. If it would result in the my "wrapped surfaces" "yellowing" over time I will move back to using Ultimate Quick Detailer as my friend does or perhaps Last Touch Spray Detailer, D155. I also use it to help the drying process, instead of Ultimate Quick Wax, but as long as Hype Ceramic Was does not "contain petroleum distillates" (my post in the 2019 product thread), I will be using HCW instead of D115 during my drying process on my wrapped car.

    Thank you for answering this question.

  6. #86
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Any chance we'll ever get a dedicated spray bottle for this. I have my D115 in an Ace Hardware Spray bottle that has various mixing ratios (one of which is 4:1) on along with the Meguiar's D115 label. But a dedicated bottle would be even better. And it this sells like the replies to this thread indicate, I would say there is a definite market for a dedicated spray bottle for D115.

    Thanks

  7. #87
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,731
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by 510GUY View Post
    Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

    I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

    A friend of mine who has Expel on his car say that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

    Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want have the surface over "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135).

    I have moved to D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Was as my Quick Detailer and so would like to continue to use it for that purpose on my wrapped car also. It's label does not say "contains petroleum distillates", but I want to make sure. If it would result in the my "wrapped surfaces" "yellowing" over time I will move back to using Ultimate Quick Detailer as my friend does or perhaps Last Touch Spray Detailer, D155. I also use it to help the drying process, instead of Ultimate Quick Wax, but as long as Hype Ceramic Was does not "contain petroleum distillates" (my post in the 2019 product thread), I will be using HCW instead of D115 during my drying process on my wrapped car.

    Thank you for answering this question.
    I am not seeing anything about petroleum distillates for D115 or G190526.

    Quote Originally Posted by 510GUY View Post
    Any chance we'll ever get a dedicated spray bottle for this. I have my D115 in an Ace Hardware Spray bottle that has various mixing ratios (one of which is 4:1) on along with the Meguiar's D115 label. But a dedicated bottle would be even better. And it this sells like the replies to this thread indicate, I would say there is a definite market for a dedicated spray bottle for D115.

    Thanks
    I will certainly pass along the feedback! Remember we have "generic" secondary bottles, if you wanted to run our bottle & sprayer with the D115 Secondary Label.

    https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-generic-secondary-bottle-16oz.html
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  8. #88
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    I am not seeing anything about petroleum distillates for D115 or G190526.



    I will certainly pass along the feedback! Remember we have "generic" secondary bottles, if you wanted to run our bottle & sprayer with the D115 Secondary Label.

    https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-generic-secondary-bottle-16oz.html
    Nick, thanks for your reply. The label that Meguiar's supplies for D115 definitely mentions a bunch of chemicals, but as long as they don't require the mention of petroleum distillates, then I can continue using D115 and / or G190526, UWWA, for my detailer which make me very happy.

  9. #89
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    7,731
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: Mid-Year Introduction - D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by 510GUY View Post
    Nick, thanks for your reply. The label that Meguiar's supplies for D115 definitely mentions a bunch of chemicals, but as long as they don't require the mention of petroleum distillates, then I can continue using D115 and / or G190526, UWWA, for my detailer which make me very happy.
    It will be easier for you if you just look up the SDS on the products you are inquiring about. It is what I am looking at also:

    https://www.meguiars.com/sds
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rinse Free Express Wash
    By fphillips in forum Meguiar's Professional Lines - Mirror Glaze & Detailer
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 23rd, 2013, 04:41 AM
  2. Rinse Free Express Wash - Questions
    By ChevyNick in forum Meguiar's Professional Lines - Mirror Glaze & Detailer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 14th, 2012, 07:46 PM
  3. Rinse Free Express Wash
    By Michael Stoops in forum Meguiar's Product Introduction Threads
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Aug 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
  4. Another use for D114 Rinse Free Express Wash
    By mariniman in forum Meguiar's Professional Lines - Mirror Glaze & Detailer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
  5. Another Use For D114 - Rinse Free Express Wash
    By rwright in forum Meguiar's Professional Lines - Mirror Glaze & Detailer
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 16th, 2012, 05:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •