• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tar and DA Power System Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tar and DA Power System Pads

Hello to all,

I'm new in detailing, but I would like to ask you what's the difference between the pads from DA Power System [ black/yellow/red ] ?
    I can use the yellow pad for compound/polish/wax ? Of course an clean pad for each step.

Also I would like to ask you, what can I use to remove the tar of my paint without affect the clear coat ??? I have some on my doors.

Thank you so much.

Re: Tar and DA Power System Pads

You could use only the yellow polishing pad if you wanted, though the black finishing pad will leave a nicer finish when waxing, and the red cutting pad will make your compounding step more aggressive if needed.

I would check to see if TRIX or TarX is available in your area, have had good luck with those removing tar, or at least easier to wipe though.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr has it right on the pads.

Tar: I like Meg's body solvent but you might not find it locally. So Tarminator, WD 40 or the like.
      You need a solvent, I use "cold" solvents and not "hot" ie: Goo Gone is hot, it smells, is corrosive to your skin and will eat paint.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thank you.

I solve it with WD 40.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');