• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars synthetic sealant vs meguiars ultimate liquid wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiars synthetic sealant vs meguiars ultimate liquid wax

Originally posted by FriboRage View Post
    Sorry to bring back an older thread but this surprised me a little.

the ultimate liquid wax contains no actual wax, it's just a sealant? Does it have protective abilities?

Would it then be wise to, for example, use the gold class liquid first as an actual wax, then seal it with the ULW?

second question about the ULW that I'm not sure about now since I learned it has no wax in it.. I forgot my bottle in the garage all so winter, and I don't think it went below freezing because there are water pipes that were fine, but it was definitely right there at 32-33 at points. Using that wax this summer I've been frustrated with the sometimes blotchy appearance I keep getting, when it went on really nice last year. Could the cold still be an explanation for this even though there's no actual wax in it?

i went over the car with ultimate detailer and it looked much better.
    Sealants offer protection that lasts longer than a carnauba wax. You would want to seal first and if you like you can follow up with a carnauba wax. Some see a difference by topping off a sealant with a carnauba to give the paint that warm glow.

As far as your bottle it may possible that you just applied too much in those areas that it appears blotchy. With ULW you want to apply a thin layer. You can use a little UQD on a microfiber when wiping off ULW to see if that helps in avoiding that issue and get a nice even look.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

hello, I am wondering if most people use a wax on top of meguiar sealant ?
      thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by benzw205 View Post
        hello, I am wondering if most people use a wax on top of meguiar sealant ?
        thank you.
        You can stack a wax over a sealant. For example the M21/M26 has always been a favorite combination. Keep in mind that ultimate wax is a sealant.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');