• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System - Cordless vs hand application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Power System - Cordless vs hand application.

I understand that you need a certain speed to make it fully effective however I was wondering since ultimate compound and polish can be applied by hand wouldnt a cordless drill turning slight slower than recommended still produce a better result compared to applying by hand?

I rather do it by hand den use a cordless drill... but surely da power system with a good corded drill will do an amazing job

Comment

Re: DA Power System - Cordless vs hand application.

Well, as has been noted, a cordless drill (which is usually slower speed, lower torque, or both) would be fine for just spreading around a wax or polish.

The problem with the UC would be if it needs worked in with some pressure, a cordless or real lower power drill might not be able to turn the pad fast enough with pressure applied.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

My cordless 20v dewalt is rated at 2300rpm max. But wouldn't a drill that is slower weaker still produce better results than hand application?

Comment

Ok I tried out the DAPS on my DeWalt cordless drill.
          It has 1700 RPMs and it worked fine.
          The buffer spun at the correct speed and I pushed on it hard enough to grind out any paint defect or the paint itself.
          But your going to need more then one battery if you want to do more then just a spot.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I use a drill that was only like $20 from Harbor Freight tool...and it has like up to 3500rpm. It also has Locking trigger and keyless chuck. Works well for the DA power system.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');