• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D143 Wheel & Tire Cleaner Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D143 Wheel & Tire Cleaner Review

So, first time I've done a review on a product as I'm rarely the first to get a new product, but I decided to jump on board the two new ones when they were introduced a couple weeks ago.

I've gone all over the place looking for the best tire and/or wheel cleaner (usually sticking with Megs stuff). I love Wheel Brightener from the Detailer Line, but it's a little aggressive for many of the cars I work on as well as my own cars, there's more risk involved with it, and it's not the best for tires. APC+ works well, but it's not specifically for this and I just feel like I could do better and it doesn't foam up well, which I like in a wheel cleaner (not sure why though). My favorite product was Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner, but I can't justify the cost when I do this for a living. Enter D143

I've only used it a few times, but I can already tell it will be my go to wheel and tire cleaner (unless wheels are nasty and require WB). It has really good cleaning power, leaves tires and wheels very clean, and is simple to use. I've got it diluted at 2:1, so if I wanted, I could go stronger too. It feels a lot like the Hot Rims stuff and works in a similar fashion.

The only thing that I didn't like about was using it with a foaming trigger sprayer. I've tried a couple different ones, and I just don't like it. A ton of product comes out with these triggers (much more than needed) and it comes out in bunches (not even coverage) which doesn't work if you want to let it dwell for a minute first (which I suggest). I found that using a regular chemical resistant trigger gives you a much better spray and even coverage. Plus the stuff still foams up a ton once you start agitating it, so no worries there.

Overall, great new product, hope you guys get to try it out.
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: D143 Wheel & Tire Cleaner Review

good info here, I too have WB, APC, APC+, SD....and 2 gallons of D143.....i now am in the process of eyeing my friends wheels just so I can wash their wheels....good thing I have a couple buddies with BMWs...lol
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by jarred767 View Post
      So, first time I've done a review on a product as I'm rarely the first to get a new product, but I decided to jump on board the two new ones when they were introduced a couple weeks ago.

I've gone all over the place looking for the best tire and/or wheel cleaner (usually sticking with Megs stuff). I love Wheel Brightener from the Detailer Line, but it's a little aggressive for many of the cars I work on as well as my own cars, there's more risk involved with it, and it's not the best for tires. APC+ works well, but it's not specifically for this and I just feel like I could do better and it doesn't foam up well, which I like in a wheel cleaner (not sure why though). My favorite product was Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner, but I can't justify the cost when I do this for a living. Enter D143

I've only used it a few times, but I can already tell it will be my go to wheel and tire cleaner (unless wheels are nasty and require WB). It has really good cleaning power, leaves tires and wheels very clean, and is simple to use. I've got it diluted at 2:1, so if I wanted, I could go stronger too. It feels a lot like the Hot Rims stuff and works in a similar fashion.

The only thing that I didn't like about was using it with a foaming trigger sprayer. I've tried a couple different ones, and I just don't like it. A ton of product comes out with these triggers (much more than needed) and it comes out in bunches (not even coverage) which doesn't work if you want to let it dwell for a minute first (which I suggest). I found that using a regular chemical resistant trigger gives you a much better spray and even coverage. Plus the stuff still foams up a ton once you start agitating it, so no worries there.

Overall, great new product, hope you guys get to try it out.
      Good stuff thanx for the review and the info about the foaming trigger. I have a foaming trigger on the bottle now, but will replace with a chem resistant trigger.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Good review. Gives me nice option when looking for a wheel and tire cleaner for up keep.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
          Good stuff thanx for the review and the info about the foaming trigger. I have a foaming trigger on the bottle now, but will replace with a chem resistant trigger.
          Try it out with the foaming trigger, you might personally like it, especially if you just bought one, but for myself, it just seemed to work better with the chemical resistant sprayer, plus it caused the product to be more efficient (I used less product per tire and wheel, but was still able to get the same results) and when doing this for $$$, that definitely means something, which I'm sure you know. Find what works best for you though.
          Dynamic Detailing

Comment

FYI:

I bought the Megs D143 Wheel and Tire Cleaner bottle and also had some left over OTC Megs AWTC. The OTC sprayer and tube fit perfectly into the professional bottle. If you never used the OTC AWTC, the sprayer foamed very nicely and didn't use an excessive amount of product.

Comment

so can you all help me on this one ....meguiars non acid wheel cleaner vs wheel brightener! I have been using WB and is awesome but I just bought Non acid but what's the benefit ?

Comment

FYI:

I bought the Megs D143 Wheel and Tire Cleaner bottle and also had some left over OTC Megs AWTC. The OTC sprayer and tube fit perfectly into the professional bottle. If you never used the OTC AWTC, the sprayer foamed very nicely and didn't use an excessive amount of product.
                Good to know. I just picked some up along with a bottle and I do have some all wheel left over.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by steve's detailing View Post
                  so can you all help me on this one ....meguiars non acid wheel cleaner vs wheel brightener! I have been using WB and is awesome but I just bought Non acid but what's the benefit ?
                  Without getting scientifically technical, save wheel brighter for those really dirty, baked on caked on wheels and use wheel and tire cleaner at 2 to 1 for your go to on the average wheel. As with all wheel cleaners follow directions and wear PPE.

Comment

It's basically Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. So you can get it at most auto parts stores.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Without getting scientifically technical, save wheel brighter for those really dirty, baked on caked on wheels and use wheel and tire cleaner at 2 to 1 for your go to on the average wheel. As with all wheel cleaners follow directions and wear PPE.
                      +1
                      Dynamic Detailing

Comment

I decided to pick this up as I was looking for something that was more economical than buying an individual bottle. I also picked up a bottle for it. I used it for the first time today at 2 to 1 and it worked great. It performs the same as all wheel cleaner. I will be using this as my go to wheel cleaner.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by the guz View Post
                          i decided to pick this up as i was looking for something that was more economical than buying an individual bottle. I also picked up a bottle for it. I used it for the first time today at 2 to 1 and it worked great. It performs the same as all wheel cleaner. I will be using this as my go to wheel cleaner.

Great !

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');