• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Have An Elantra GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Have An Elantra GT?

I have an 2013 Elantra GT. It's my only vehicle and it's a daily driver. Link to engine photo.

I've recently got into detailing and I would like to at least keep a relatively clean engine. I'm limited with supplies here in Canada and I plan to use Simple Green MAX (does anyone have any thoughts on this? I can't really find much on MOL).

I originally plan on just hosing it down (dealer said I should be able to get away with it, non-pressure washer). After doing some research, I think I've decided to stay away from a hose for now. Although I may do some light mist.

Now my question is, how "hard" should I go? Do I try to reach very small places? I'm afraid I might knock some important stuff off (unlikely, right? considering it's an engine...).

Right now, accessing hard to reach areas are kinda hard with my towels. I plan to pick up some brush soon, but would that be enough to clean dirt off?

Would plastic vs metal be an issue? Under that hood, there's obviously plastic, metal, and rubber. Would I require multiple products even if I just want a relatively clean engine?

Thanks!

Ps as you've seen in the photo, the alternator seems to be the only one that's pretty exposed (the thing that houses the gold stuff near bottom left, right?). I should be fine with putting a towel on it, as well as the battery?

Re: Does Anyone Have An Elantra GT?

Welcome to the Hyundai family. However, you are WAY overthinking this! Just avoid driving in the rain, if you can, and rinse the engine occasionally with a water hose when the engine is completely cooled off, then blow it off or let it drip dry before running it. That's all I do. Do NOT use harsh cleaners like Simple Green, or you will regret it! Remember, it's a new car and your only task is to prevent it from getting dirty. Don't assume it's already filthy with grease and grime like some 20-year-old beater that needs restoration
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');