• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Spots on Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Spots on Paint

I have these small white spots on my metallic black paint. The car only has 3000 miles on it. I have tried the claybar but it doesn't remove these spots.

Re: White Spots on Paint

Comment

The picture didn't really show much. I also have a new black car and I'm seeing a few bluish/white dots scattered across the paint. I will be watching this thread with interest.

Comment

Is this any better?

Comment

I see what you're talking about. Can you feel them? Do they catch your fingernail or are they smooth, beneath the paint?

Comment

I can kind off feel them but the claybar didnt take them out.

Comment

I had a similar experience when detailing a new red Ford Fiesta this weekend. I clayed the car and the clay removed a lot of contaminants. It was then I noticed these spots. I then saw that there was black particles on the paint (iron/fallout?) and after the clay removed them the white spots remained. You cannot really feel them, but clearly whatever the black particle was caused some etching into the clear coat. I told my friend to ignore them for now and when we next polish the car they should go away - I hope. I did think I should have used IronX before claying, but I don't think that would have made any difference besides making claying a bit easier.

Comment

there chips in your paint that are full of compound/polish or wax

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Haha @PleaseWashMeDetailing, nice one

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');