• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help answer a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help answer a few questions

Greetings everyone.
    Im a newbie and was hoping someone could help answer a few questions;

1) will I damage my paintwork if the car has never been clayed and i just wash, polish and wax? is claying a MUST do?

2) when do I use the sponge provided in the wash and wax kit (in white,below)? its just foam - I will use the blue microfibre sponge to wash, use the absorber to wipe, use the foam pads to apply wax and the supreme shine cloth to shine. so im not sure when the sponge is to be used?

3) is it fine to use cleaner wax after washing and use the gold class over the cleaner wax?

Thanks.

Re: Help answer a few questions

Originally posted by LethalR53 View Post
    Greetings everyone.
    1) will I damage my paintwork if the car has never been clayed and i just wash, polish and wax? is claying a MUST do?
    2) when do I use the sponge provided in the wash and wax kit (in white,below)? its just foam - I will use the blue microfibre sponge to wash, use the absorber to wipe, use the foam pads to apply wax and the supreme shine cloth to shine. so im not sure when the sponge is to be used?
    3) is it fine to use cleaner wax after washing and use the gold class over the cleaner wax?
    1. No damage but claying will remove junk that greatly assists in obtaining a smooth finish.
    2. Not sure exactly what that sponge is about.
    3. Cleaner wax was intended for use before the gold class.

p.s. Shake up those products real good before use.
    2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

The sponge might be ok for the rails, underbody, etc...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Clay necisary before all that, NO! Recomended - YES....Highly! Sponge.....use for your wheels and tires, don't use the same one you use for the body and windows. Cleaner wax, then the other wax.

Comment

If you do not clay and then wax, I doubt this will damage the paint.
          However, my guess is that you will not get all the benefits of that wax as all that junk that is on the paint will interfere with the wax bonding to the finish.
          2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Thanks, because I've checked at a few stores in my area and none seem to have the clay bar's in stock , and I want to get some waxing done before the next local car club meet.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');