• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme shines are linting badly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme shines are linting badly!

My 3 year old supreme shine towels are linting, and BAD. Tiny specs of lint everywhere, it looks like pollen season. I have always washed them appropriately, and hang dry them. Can they be saved with Pinnacle rejuvenator? I've never machine dried them, but maybe a low heat would help?
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Re: Supreme shines are linting badly!

I would just use the old ones for designated wheel duties and get new ones for the paint.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Dry mine on lowest heat and never any issues. Bout the same age

Comment

Yeah, I use a machine as well, and use those blue dryer ball things to knock them around a bit.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hang dry? There's your problem.
          use your dryer, low heat then run them on no heat for a while.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I'll try a low heat setting from now on! Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Also wash themselves. No Terry towels.
              Micro Fibers do one thing really well, grad and hold on to stuff.
              Your MF towels picked up that lint from somewhere so drying it with no heat will help get out out.
              I wash my towels 3 times too.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                I wash my towels 3 times too.
                Every time or just the first time? Seems like a lot of washing

I spot spray dirty areas with oxy-clean, wash with Micro-Restore, rinse with white vinegar and dry on low heat. I've considered using those dryer balls as Murr suggested.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

The hard part is figuring out where my towels picked up the lint. I never wash mirco's with other towels, I dont even own terry towels actually. I wash them by themselves, with a small dose of detergent, add in some vinegar during the rinse cycle, and usually hang dry them. Maybe the hang dry is the problem like some have suggested. I also store them in a serperate towels only container.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                    Every time or just the first time? Seems like a lot of washing
                    3 times for my dirty Waterless Washing towels. 2x for wax towels and window towels. Yes it's a lot washing but I have to make sure my towels are clean, really clean. I spend all day doing my towels. about 12 loads.

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
                    The hard part is figuring out where my towels picked up the lint. .
                    I'm thinking it's from the hand dry. Mine have never had lint. I dry the heck out of them on no heat.
                    MF's won't lint but as you use then the MF's do come off so the dryer takes that all away.
                    I dry them until there a little damp and then finish without heat until they're dry and lint feeee.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');