• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Hyper Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes... it looks like I have a bit of catching up to do on this thread...

Originally posted by everglo
    What spray nozzle are you all using?
    I'm using the Meguiar's Secondary Bottle which comes with a very nice sprayer in my opinion. For me, cranked down to just barely open, it creates a very fine mist that covers perfectly and doesn't really leave excess product behind.

Having black paint though, I still prefer to follow with a 'tire swipe' type of product to even everything out and remove excess that might have 'pooled' within the white lettering on the tires. Sling bites on a dark colored vehicle... may as well prevent it.

Originally posted by Fr0zen
    How should I dilute the product to get a really wet looking shine, without using to much product. I will only be using this product on wheel wells, engines, interior (rarly)..
    Go with a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. Mix a couple of very small batches at first and experiment with the product. Maybe a 1:1 is what you're looking for... maybe a 4:1 will yield what you expect. It's an EXTREMELY versitile product. I keep two bottles mixed at all times; one matte/natural shine, one at 1:1 for ultra-shine!

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
    What type of cleaner do you recommend prior to HD? APC?
    Old habits are hard to break (and so are stockpiles of discontinued chemicals)... I've been using the late/great Citri-Gel product for cleaning wheels and wells for well over a couple of years now and continue to use it. On occasion, for extremely grimey areas, I might go to a dilute mix of Simple Green and/or Safe D-Greaser (D-105) with a foaming sprayer. The idea, in my opinion, is to keep the degreaser/cleaner off of the wheels as it can, pending enough dwell time is allowed, remove wax.

With that in mind, I'll wet the adjacent panels down so that overspray of the chemical doesn't have as much of a liklihood of affecting the paint. I'll then spray the chemical and allow to dwell for about a minute. I'll follow with the Versa-Angle Tire Brush (which is an AWESOME brush) and rinse immediately there after. Rinse and, presto...

I also highly recommend the Safe D for wheel wells... it's a workhorse type of product!

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Yeah, I've found that 3:1 works pretty well.

Comment

Hey,

Just to add to Brad's post...(nice to hear from you again Brad! )

The spray heads are not included with the secondary bottles. As such, I assume that Brad has the:

Standard Spray Head: D-110516.

Other spray heads available:

Foaming Spray Head: D-110813
        Chemical Spray Head: D-110542
        High Volume Spray Head: D-110803

Cheers!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Whoops... good point Tim.

I'm using high-vol for the HD and the foaming for Safe-D...
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I got mine few weeks ago and dang it work pretty good. My diluted ratio is 3:1.
            Any one compared with PB BnB?

Comment

does anyone know if the 32 oz sample bottle come already diluted? Where can you get this from besides auto detailing solutions. Had them stick me with a bad foaming nozzle he wanted me to call Meguiars to get them to replace it.

also if you buy the gallon do you get the 32 oz sprayer?
              Last edited by 00GREENMACHINE; Aug 20, 2005, 05:17 PM.
              2008 Jet Black BMW X3
              2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE
                does anyone know if the 32 oz sample bottle come already diluted? Where can you get this from besides auto detailing solutions. Had them stick me with a bad foaming nozzle he wanted me to call Meguiars to get them to replace it.

also if you buy the gallon do you get the 32 oz sprayer?
                Did you call Meguiars btw?

I don't know how the Meg's distributorships work as far as replacement of defective parts, but that sounds about right (having you call the head quarters for replacement parts), I mean if all they (the distributor) carry is products that come with what they come with, and don't carry replacement sprayers for product that comes with a sprayer. Of course I could be wrong.

But I'm sure Mike Phillips would know how that type of thing works as far a what distributors can and can't do.

Comment

I bought it from the distributor. He wanted me to pay for return shipping and I guess shipping again to replace the broken part. Thats BS and poor customer service IMO. All he had to do is send me a replacement nozzle. He really did not want to do anything and just advised me to call Meguairs they would send me one free. Thats cheap IMO.
                  2008 Jet Black BMW X3
                  2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Comment

Those Meguiars nozzles they include with a quart are pretty bad, Had to play with mine for a long while before it started spraying. I hope you know that the tube has to be inserted into the spray head for it to work. I would say just use the bottle as a bottle and get a small good spray bottle to distribute product as even when it does work it sprays unevenly and you need to transfer the product to another bottle anyway to dilute it (he does not dilute it). When you buy a gallon you don't get any spray bottle. The 32oz bottle is something they do uniquely and I find their efforts to cater to us hobbiest a great service and they can't be making much money at it. I would not stop using them just because the sprayer is bad, that's a Meguiars customer service issue, the spray bottles are a seperate item and I'm sure if you called Meguiars customer service they would send you a new sprayer.

Comment

Hi Chad,
                      Thanks again for placing your first order with us. We take great pride in our customer service and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with every product you purchase from us. If you have received a defective Meguiar's foaming sprayer it is not our intent to stick you with it. The foaming sprayer you received must have been a rare defect as we have never had a problem with any of these products. As I mentioned when you called me, a quick call to Meguiar's customer service with the phone number I provided will get you a fast replacement for the defective item. I want to personally make sure you get a foaming sprayer that works properly for you as I understand how frustrating it can be when something does not work right. If you are uncomfortable calling Meguiar's and would like to go direcly through us please contact me first thing Monday morning and I will take good care of you and get a new replacement sprayer shipped out to you right away. Our 32 oz. samplers are concentrates and we make them available so you can try the product without having to purchase a large amount. If you would like to try one or two of the samplers we will extend free shipping to you on your order as a customer service courtesy because of the foaming sprayer problem.
                      Rick Meyer
                      autodetailingsolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Spot
                        Hi Chad,
                        Thanks again for placing your first order with us. We take great pride in our customer service and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with every product you purchase from us. If you have received a defective Meguiar's foaming sprayer it is not our intent to stick you with it. The foaming sprayer you received must have been a rare defect as we have never had a problem with any of these products. As I mentioned when you called me, a quick call to Meguiar's customer service with the phone number I provided will get you a fast replacement for the defective item. I want to personally make sure you get a foaming sprayer that works properly for you as I understand how frustrating it can be when something does not work right. If you are uncomfortable calling Meguiar's and would like to go direcly through us please contact me first thing Monday morning and I will take good care of you and get a new replacement sprayer shipped out to you right away. Our 32 oz. samplers are concentrates and we make them available so you can try the product without having to purchase a large amount. If you would like to try one or two of the samplers we will extend free shipping to you on your order as a customer service courtesy because of the foaming sprayer problem.

Thanks I appreciate it.
                        I know stuff happens but I guess I was caught off guard or something. Honestly I dont know if its the bottle or the neck of the sprayer. I have some smaller 16oz bottles at home and I am sure the neck is the same size. I will try it out later today. I really did not notice how big the 32oz was until I put it next to the smaller ones i have been using. I will proabbly order the hyperdressing 32oz.

Thanks again Rick
                        2008 Jet Black BMW X3
                        2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Comment

Does it last longer than Hot Shine

I've been using the Hot Shine liquid spray. While it's been much better than most other products I've tried, I'm not satisfied with it. After a single rain, it loses its shine. The tires are still a nice black but are a matte black. If I get caught in the rain driving, the stuff completely washes off.

Does the Hyper Dressing stay shiny after a hard rain?

Also, is it a water based dressing...I didn't see anything that states whether it is or not...I guess since it's water dilutable, then it is water based?

Will it dry out tires or interior surfaces? I've been using the Quick Interior Detailer but would like something with some UV protection and more shine. I was going to try NXT interior protectant but would rather use the HD if it has UV protection (to minimize # of products and bottles.)

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');