• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does D120 still lose color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does D120 still lose color?

Well, D120 (Glass Cleaner Concentrate) was another product I mixed up yesterday. I first tried this 5 years ago, used it for about a year. Then decided the cost of NXT was better than the hassle of mixing.

However, in case NXT goes away (hoping it won't), I thought I would *try* concentrate again.

It mixed up nicely though the concentrate is strong when doing this. ha.

However, I then remembered a problem I had those years ago. The product would lose its color in about a week in the mixed bottle. The glass cleaner would end up clear brown with no real blue, the blue went away.

I wonder if that might have been modified after all these years? It seems to be performing nicely as newly mixed, but I mixed 3 bottles, so I'm a bit worried about the final two as they sit.

I guess for mixing, it makes sense to color it, but a clear product might not have the problem.

I sure love NXT Glass. If it ever went away, hope it doesn't, maybe it could be the basis for a new pro glass cleaner.

D120 is incredible value, hopefully I will have better luck this time! Had fun making the bottles!

Re: Does D120 still lose color?

I just checked my 2 mixed bottles of D120 (10:1)
    The blue tint is still there tho barely....I'm not sure if I used tap water or bottled spring water....my 2 bottles have been mixed for about 18 months but sat in a cool area of my house.
    I do give all my mixed detailer line bottles a good shake regularly (APC, APC+, SD, WB, etc)

I don't see any brown....
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Re: Does D120 still lose color?

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
      I just checked my 2 mixed bottles of D120 (10:1)
      The blue tint is still there tho barely....I'm not sure if I used tap water or bottled spring water....my 2 bottles have been mixed for about 18 months but sat in a cool area of my house.
      I do give all my mixed detailer line bottles a good shake regularly (APC, APC+, SD, WB, etc)

I don't see any brown....
      Good information Strife.

I shouldn't have mixed all 3 of my empty bottles right away. I should have saved at least 1 of them for when the bottle and product starts to turn color. Oh well, lesson learned. I will order some more bottles next time.

I should look into different sprayers too. I like to pull so lightly on the trigger for glass cleaner as to not get out of control and onto the paint, but with a standard white sprayer, it doesn't really want to spray with a light pull, just runs out.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');