• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the Wide Body Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Wide Body Brush

1) It's white. Why is this good? Simple. If it starts loading up with dirt, put it on the driveway bristles facing up, stand on the handle, and shoot the hose stream directly into the bristles. And, it's white again!

2) You can use it with the long handle from the SUV mop. Why is this good? Well, today it is 50*, and I washed the car without getting wet, without putting my hands into the water at all. You could use it with the short handle that way too, I guess, but I also liked not having to bend over, I liked just standing there and doing the car.

3) It has those long bristles. They hold a lot of suds and water, and they "wick" the dirt in deeply, and because they are soft and bend easily, you don't really clean the car with the bristle ends so much as you do with the sides of the ends of the bristles. (Does that make sense?)

4) You can also use it without the handle at all. I see this as a benefit when it's warmer, it gives better control over where you work and how hard you push.

This is a good tool, with some neat natural tricks that make it easy to use properly. I like it. I wouldn't have picked a brush myself, but I'm glad I have this one.

Tom

This is a good brush.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Good points and tips Tom!

I actually prefer the either of the body brushes to the Wash Mop or the synthetic mitt.
    Boss_429

Comment

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure if we recommend using that brush head on the extendable mop handle, but I've used this combination also for washing the Pilot and it is now my favorite way to wash the entire rig.

I'll see what the Product Manager for this tool has to say about using this brush head on this handle.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I just got off the phone with the Product Manager for the new accessory line and he said it perfectly okay to use the wide body brush on the extendable mop handle.

Washing our Pilot has never been easier!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hmmmm...I guess I will be trying out the telescopic handle on my brush! Cool!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: About the Wide Body Brush

Originally posted by Mosca
            1) It's white. Why is this good? Simple. If it starts loading up with dirt, put it on the driveway bristles facing up, stand on the handle, and shoot the hose stream directly into the bristles. And, it's white again!
            I like this one... never really thought of that good point, white is a good color to see if its getting dirty in this case.

Now a white vehicle hides the dirt... Why is that? strange.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I really like the brush. It has replaced my mitt as the "go to" tool for washing.

Comment

I like the brushes a lot. I find the long mop handle awkward to use.

Tom

Comment

I would like to try it too.

How would a person know when it's time to replace it though?
                  r. b.

Comment

They don't seem like the type of item one would consider disposable; I'd guess a body brush would last a couple years at least, and the other brushes for five years or more.

I like the mop handle for everything but along the rockers. For that I switch to the short handle, to get more leverage.

Tom
                    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Hi Tom,

I'm not sure if we recommend using that brush head on the extendable mop handle, but I've used this combination also for washing the Pilot and it is now my favorite way to wash the entire rig.

I'll see what the Product Manager for this tool has to say about using this brush head on this handle.

Mike
                      It says on the instructions for the Wide Body Brush that the long telescoping handle may be used. Kind of a neat feature IMHO.

If there is any reason that combination should not be used, let us know why, as a lot of us are using that combo and may not be aware of potential problems.

The handle that comes with it works fine, but I too was thinking of using the telescoping handle. That could speed up the washing process as I can wash the hood, roof, trunklid, and one side of the car without moving the bucket or going around to the other side of the car.

Thanks for the heads up.

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');