• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super degreaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super degreaser

Hello, I purchased Super Degreaser and used a 4:1 dilution for wheels and engine degreasing. I used an old Fantastic Orange bottle and the degreaser ate through it in less than a week. The bottle split and there were small holes in it! What type of plastic is resistant to super degreaser (type number if possible but abbreviation or full plastic name is also good)?

Re: Super degreaser

I like the bottles and chemical resistant sprayers that Meguiar's sells. They don't have the problems you describe and hold up a long time.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
      I like the bottles and chemical resistant sprayers that Meguiar's sells. They don't have the problems you describe and hold up a long time.
      Thanks but I won't be using Meguiar's bottles. I just need to know if I need PET, HDPE, LDPE, PVC or what ever type of plastic bottles.

Comment

The Meguiars Detailer bottles and chemical resistant sprayers are awesome and work great. Well worth the money in my opinion. I have had the same Super Degreaser bottle (and sprayer I believe) for the last 6+ years and it still works perfectly.

I checked the bottle and they are HDPE (#2). I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like you do, so I hope that helps.
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Hello Jarred767, thank you for the information. For your information, there are many types of plastic resins. Each have it's advantages and inconveniances. HDPE means High Density Poly Ethenyle. The number is used for both knowing the type of plastic and for recycling purposes. I was almost sure that #2 plastic was what I needed but for some strange reason there is no plastic coding at the bottom of the gallon size Super Degreaser concentrate. I will likelly get a chemical resistant Meguiar's spray gun but for the bottle I am trying to put together a system of identical bottles. I have been looking at wholesalers for a model I like. So that is why I am not gonna use the one from Meguiar's directly.

Comment

Their Detailer line bottles are identical (minus the labels) or if you want the completely identical, then get the label free ones and label them as you like. Here's all of them from an only retailer.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/bottles.html

They're great, and they have dilution ratios marked on the sides to make diluting products simple and easy.
            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

wow, talk about making something simple into a complicated mess.
              Just get a "real" spray bottle. You re-used another chemical bottle.
              Just go to your local hardware store and pick up some real sprayers.
              No guide is needed or just don't re-use another bottle.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');